GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure a lot of bad customer service post on the forum, where is this world headed?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I wonder how much of this issue is directly related to it being motorcycle rally season and many of these vendors are working at the rallies leaving less experienced staff behind to take care of issues. Some of these vendors are small companies that are unable to leave qualified staff behind in order to meet the needs at the rallies.:shrug:

·
Registered
702 Posts
2011 definition of 'customer service'-

'We're sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused...'

AG GL

"The customer is always right!"

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
In my humble opinion.........

I think Computers and Voice Mail give lots of people the opportunity to dodge their "Job" and hide behind these things until they want to deal with it, Or not deal with it at all.

Most employees don't care about the Company as much as the Boss does. And the Boss cant watch everybody all the time.

Some Companies are so big they simply run on their own momentum. But there is no reason a small company should think they can.

I don't think the Younger Entitlement Genration generally has the work ethic of those of us over 50, who built a lot of the Companies in existance today.

I think there is too much Political Correctness.

Don't take this as the Gospel....but, you asked for opinions.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its not just related to motorcycling, I have noticed over the last year or so that
be it a restaurant , grocery store or bank or any place that you would expect
some degree of competence from a customer service representative , in most cases non exists. The amazing thing is the more incompetent the person the
nastier they are. Considering the high unemployment rate in our country, and availability of qualified individuals, it amazes me that employers put up with it but in So. Florida they sure seam to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Comon Sense

I truly think its lack of common sense on the part of the Company (Employer) and Employee. I used to work in retail and while we weren't told to make the customer happy it was common sense and the loss to the company was very small. Nowadays this doesn't appear to be the case and with Social Networking at an all time high I would think companies would know that it just takes one person to bad mouth them and put seed in people's minds regarding that company.

BTW related to the other thread regarding XM http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288474 XM Customer service does suck and I have stopped my subscription with them because of their lack of Customer Service and common sense.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
The current economic condition probably has a lot to do with current levels of customer service, especially with smaller businesses that are cutting to the bone to try to survive.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Prolly Under the Lid

My guess would be down the tubes :eek:4:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
A lot of good points in the above posts but its always worthwhile to remember that you're only hearing one side of the story on these internet forums. Not that anyone would ever exaggerate or that they themselves might be a little, shall we say, difficult to deal with.:nojoke:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Has to do w/bean counter induced cost saving programs, down sizing and doing more w/less for a few of the reasons.
That's 1 + for Harley. Their shops all have trained techs and they know the bikes they work on. Not nearly the case for a lot of Honda and other shops!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
A lot of good points in the above posts but its always worthwhile to remember that you're only hearing one side of the story on these internet forums. Not that anyone would ever exaggerate or that they themselves might be a little, shall we say, difficult to deal with.:nojoke:
You make a valid point, Joe. That being said, I have found that most things in life follow the Bell Curve of normal distribution; that is, with anything that can be objectively equated with a value scale of "very bad/poor" to "very good/excellent" - about 10-15 percent will always fall in the "very bad/poor" category, and the same 10-15 percent will always fall in the "very good/excellent" category. Or as I like to say: "there are very few good ANYTHINGS", and that, unfortunately includes people you depend on for your physical, mental and financial health, such as doctors, dentists, financial planners and psychologists. :eek:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My observation on customer service

Au contrair - I find that since the economy down turn in 2008, I am having my butt kissed at more retail, vendors, restaurant and hotel places. So much so that it is somewhat overdone. And any complaints I may have are taken care of promptly and completley.

On the other hands, I find that here in Europe, with the influx of Eastern folks into Western Europe (Turks, Arabs, Romanians, Yugoslavs etc.) have caused level and quality of food and service to decline.........mainly because these folks have lower expectations and anything they get it better than what they ever had at home.

Lastly - a reminder to myself and anyone motorcycling here in Europe - don't bother waving, they won't wave back and if you do they think you are a flake.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wonder how much of this issue is directly related to whinney people that scream the sky is falling if they didnt get a shipment tracking number before they closed the order page. Every forum is the same in that people start crying foul before they even try to contact the vendor.
Most the complaints seem to be handled ok but many seem to start complaining a little too soon.:eek:4:

·
Registered
232 Posts
"That's 1 + for Harley. Their shops all have trained techs and they know the bikes they work on. Not nearly the case for a lot of Honda and other shops!"

All the HD tecks I've run into are trained to tell you....
"That's normal"..."They all do it"...."I've never seen that before".."the parts are still on backorder"...."that part is not covered under warranty".."I didn't scratch your tank"

on and on and on.....I rode HD for 25 years and heard it all.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I wonder how much of this issue is directly related to whinney people that scream the sky is falling if they didnt get a shipment tracking number before they closed the order page. Every forum is the same in that people start crying foul before they even try to contact the vendor.
Most the complaints seem to be handled ok but many seem to start complaining a little too soon.:eek:4:

There you have it!-Give that man the Cigar.:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
"That's 1 + for Harley. Their shops all have trained techs and they know the bikes they work on. Not nearly the case for a lot of Honda and other shops!"

"That's normal"..."They all do it"...."I've never seen that before".."the parts are still on backorder"...."that part is not covered under warranty".."I didn't scratch your tank"

WELL YOU KNOW THEM IF YOU HAVE TO WORK ON THEM ALL THE TIME
i see many domestic cars in the shop . do i know the imports ? not if you dont see them all the time :shrug:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts

And with those comments, you rode Harley for 25 years because............
I had 4 Harleys over a 7 year period. Only had 2 warranty claims and each was handled quickly and efficiently.
My Wings comfort system didn't! Called 4 nearest Honda dealers. 3 were honest enough to tell me they knew nothing about the comfort system. The 4th told me bring it on out but, the passenger back rest does not have heat in it! Had to fix it myself.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts