GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bad day on the Parkway - update

Settled with Progressive for the bike yesterday. Bike was totaled - add in assessory coverage = $19,184.00. We're still waiting on medical because of Gary's broken nose...Progressive has been very helpful and responsive during this whole ordeal. Now to start bike shopping :lol:

After a beautiful week of riding the Blue Ridge Parkway it came to a very abrupt end Friday evening when another motorcycle came flying around a curve, decreasing radius, in our lane:shock: and hit us head on, totaling both bikes. Everybody involved will recover, but this could just as easily turned out really ugly.:eek:4: Both of us have Progressive Insurance...supposed to be sending a motorcycle appraiser/adjuster to see the bike tomorrow.
Everybody ride safe and keep the rubber side down,

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I am glad you are O.K. kinda ok. Not ok to have that happen huh?

Hope all are not hurt too bad and the bikes are up and going soon.

World is a big place and full of idiots. Unfortunately we meet up with one on occasion.

Should be legal to just shoot idiots. :evil::evil:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad the injuries weren't real severe. I don't know if you remember or not, but we met a few years ago at Spring Wing. We were both in the bike show.

Take care.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
usually hear that happening on the dragon; first time that I have heard it happen on the BRP (but has prob happened before).

the bike can be replaced (pita tho); at least you were not hurt badly!! could have been much worse!!

sounds like someone was riding above their abilities.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Obviously the other rider wasn't doing the posted 40MPH? Sure can spoil a vacation in a hurry, can't it?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Glad you are well enough to post.Hope your injuries heal quickly.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad to hear that all persons involved will be OK.

We've never met but I live in Bargersville (about 40 miles from Bloomington) and if you need any help with the bike or help around the house while you are recuperating let me know. I have a trailer that I can haul my Dixie Chopper on and keep the grass cut (if we ever get any rain). Would be honored to help out.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Wow! That's terrible, although I am relieved that you are well enough to post about it here.

These reports are staring to happen way too frequently on this board. At times, it makes me want to hang up my helmet.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,630 Posts
Wow could have been much worse. Glad you will all heal. Dealing with insurance is a pain, but Progressive has been good to me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My first time on the Parkway I kept getting pushed by cages that wanted to do 10-15 over the speed limit, it was hard to enjoy the scenery with idiots flying around like it was a race track. Sorry to hear about your incedent.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's too bad! I'm glad that all three of you survived and hope that your injuries will heal fast. I pray that God protects me every time I throw my leg over the seat. Bikes are repairable or replaceable. Glad that you are at least well enough to type. Take care.

Roryrob

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sad

but could have been a lot worse. I hope all is back to normal and you are riding again soon.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
That is a sad story that effects all of us. Sorry to hear about it. Were you able to return home by other means of transportation?

Do you have any photos you can post?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The Parkway Ain't the Dragon (or a Race Track)

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm glad everyone is at least more-or-less okay. I hope everyone recovers soon. Take care out there everybody.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Head on!......guess you got to see what was about to happen.......not good!

I got sandwiched between 2 SUV's last week, but didn't know what happened till it was over. That's probably the easier way to crash.

The other driver and I have the same insurance also, so we'll see what happens tomorrow with the appraiser. I think it's totaled even though it doesn't look that bad.

Glad you all are OK.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts