GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday’s ride was marked by smiles, miles and friends enjoying the day. Lunch at the mom and pop was filled with stories, hearty laughter and much kidding. We left with Don leading on his Stallion, I occupied the rocking chair and our friend Mel riding sweep. Topped a hill and dropped into a triple linked curve and when we came out the other side, Mel’s light had disappeared out of my mirror. Slowed to wait... no Mel. Spun around and ran back to be confronted by a sight none of us ever wants to see. Mel had misjudged the curve he’d taken dozens of times and the decreasing radius sucked him into the ditch. His bike had flipped and rolled 2-3 times and his empty helmet was laying beside the bike. Our friend was broken. Long story short, an EMT and a nurse were in the first vehicles on the scene. They kept him quiet and comforted him. The ambulance and life flight helicopter showed up, but to no avail. They couldn’t stabilize him to transport and 45 minutes later they stopped CPR.
Ride safe friends. Laugh heartily, watch out for each other, and know there are no guarantees. Do what you love with people who share your joy.

Heavy hearts, but no regrets.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So sorry for the loss of a friend. Prayers and condolences for all who are left behind. Loss is hard, particularly when it is sudden. Thanks for the reminder once again to cherish the moments spent with those we care about, as we are not guaranteed to repeat them.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
My heart just sunk when I read this, not only does this affect the person that it happened too, BUT also his family, friends, co-workers, as well as the entire motorcycle world...."Rest In Peace"

Ronnie

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Another of our riding brothers taken too soon. Condolences to family and friends.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sounds like you'll have some great memories with him to remember him with.

Heartfelt condolences to all who knew and loved him.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts