GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
RIP Mel. My condolences. We all know our sport and passion has its risks. It is part of why we enjoy it. It can happen to any of us. If it happens to me my friends and family know I'm indulging in my passion. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
We wanted to jump in with a heartfelt thanks for all the prayers and kind words.

Just a quick update... Mel will be taken to his final resting place on Friday. We got a medical report and it looks like Mel’s blood sugar at the accident site was in the mid 600’s. For those unfamiliar, that’s almost coma range. it was probably a contributing factor as that can slow a person’s perception and responses. Mels diabetes and lack of being on medication after a diagnosis had been a topic at lunch. PLEASE, take care of your health. Your life may literally depend on proper medication and diet.

Ride safe and take care of your friends! They’re precious! Appreciate you all.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,740 Posts
Very sad news ... the days of being tough and pushing through are over for most of us. This is a very big reminder to all, that health issues should not be ignored!!

·
IronMan
17,259 Posts
THANKS FOR UPDATE ! SUGAR SUPPOSED TO BE AROUND 100 MY EX IS FULL FLEDGED DIABETIC ! TERRIBLE DISEASE ! DOC TOLD ME IT WAS LIKE YOUR BODY HAVING TERMITES ! THINK YOUR OK TILL ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ! TIME N MONEY AINT CHIT IF YA DONT HAVE HEALTH ! BE SAFE ENJOY WHILE YA CAN !

Reactions: revrunt and CAWing

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Diabetes is not a fun disease, but if you are diligent and do the right things you can control your readings. I've been type 2 for 20 yrs and when diagnosed my readings were a little over 400. :eek: Even as careful as I am with diet, exercise, etc. I still have my ups-n-downs.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Diabetes is not a fun disease, but if you are diligent and do the right things you can control your readings. I've been type 2 for 20 yrs and when diagnosed my readings were a little over 400. :eek: Even as careful as I am with diet, exercise, etc. I still have my ups-n-downs.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
And I still have my ups n downs with this forum double posting at times and I haven't found a way to delete one of them. :mad:

61 - 72 of 72 Posts