GL1800Riders Forums banner

BAD ride-front fender

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
Temps hit the 40's, got home from O/t on sat. take bike out for an hour. Pull into crowded garage, hit door closer and caught the tip of the front fender by 1/8 inch. Of course the door opener saftey reverses the door to complete the job and split the dang thing. From now on I will have to look better!!! This sucks, did not even hit anything to brag about! Part #2, well now I have this oppertunity to play with abs fender. Bought some ABS plumbing glue, applied in crack. And then gloobed some on the underside with a layer of fiberglass mesh, gloobed again. Drying and holding at this moment. Have E/c abs glue, but saving for real bad repair. Figure I could lightly sand the crack smooth, then paint a strip, or glue some chrome plastic over the crack. The crack is right down the middle. Ordered a replacement anyway. Two years from now it will be harder to get, with matching color !

#5 ·
Some of us seem to have a little dark around at times;

I pull my wing into my shop, then I then turn and back it up into the usual parking spot for it with my feet(not electric reverse)...

*1* day after I installed some nice used Chrome trim on to the bags & trunk I bought from a fellow on this board ...... I backed the scooter up into it's spot, I think to myself : "oops a little tooo far" , then i banged the trunk into my drill press sitting there.

A small nick in the newly installed chrome trim piece on the trunk

#8 ·
GL-03 listen to this story...... :)

GL03,
My roady buddy has a new interstate valkyrie. He pushes the button on the wall, jumps on the new valk, engine cold, stalls, door coming down, lodges on passenger portion of the seat, bike seems ok, standing up straight with the garage door stuck to the seat. Rider dis-mounts, oh no!, door goes up, new valk falls into side of the garage door leaving a softball sized dent in the gas tank. New gas tank cost, over 1000.00. End of story.And to think a 25.00 door opener would have prevented this accident. JD :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.