GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is for sale on craigslist, I think if it were me selling I would have picked a better spot for the picture than over a puddle of oil!! :eek:4:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
What was it that Forest Gump's mom always said?

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Well, it is a Harley, aint it? I guess they wanted the picture to look genuine.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Looks like truth in advertising being practiced. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Looks like an old panhead. Those things nearly always leaked, although not nearly as much as that picture would suggest. Keep in mind that back before Honda even existed, that Harleys had a total loss oiling system.....in other words, they were DESIGNED to leak.

You're right tho......stupid spot to take a picture at.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
honesty

Well, you have to agree that at least he is advertising honestly - would be much worst if he showed a leaking bike parked on a clean surface.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
This bike is for sale on craigslist, I think if it were me selling I would have picked a better spot for the picture than over a puddle of oil!! :eek:4:
Just trying to be honest, Joe.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
If there wasn't any oil, everyone would know it was photo shopped!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Hey Joe.Have you not heard of "Truth in Advertising" :shrug:

No one would believe the picture if it was on a clean driveway.Would you.:shrug: LOL

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Leaks around the clutch cover.

Used to have to take them all apart, clean up the clutch and then do it again in a month or so.

They all used to do that.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
A few years ago I used to carry a small bottle of used oil.I'd pour a small amount under a wiseguys bike when I'd meet them at a restaurant.

When we all came out.
I'd say hey look so n so's bike thinks it's a harley marking it's turf.
Boy did that raise a ruckus with a few of them..lol

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
A few years ago I used to carry a small bottle of used oil.I'd pour a small amount under a wiseguys bike when I'd meet them at a restaurant.

When we all came out.
Rocky - I always knew that somewhere deep under the pleasant, intelligent, clever, sociable, friendly nice front there was a mean streak in ya. tsk tsk tsk.

·
Registered
571 Posts

When we all came out.
Go Rocky!
When in a restaurant, almost finished eating, with a few fellas,
the chef approached our table and asked whose Goldwing
that was, I told him mine, and he said "It's leaking" I said BS, and
after we finished, we went out to find a hand full of RICE,
under my bike. I turned and there was the chef, laughing,
a very good joke.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My old Shovelhead used to leak nearly that bad. Between the vibration and the rigid frame the oil tank would crack, oil lines would loosen up, it was a constant battle to keep the leaks under control. I never used to change the oil, just poured fresh in the top!

Larry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts