GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a place for breakfast in Bagdad? There used to be a place called "The miner's diner". But it closed up about a year ago. At that time it was the only place that served breakfast.
Thank's, R.J.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I don't know about breakfast, but Oldguy led some of us Colorado guys out that way a few years back and we had a great time. Really a fun day of riding. We were staying in Prescott, and of course I love Yarnell Hill (I think that's the name) and of course 89a from Yarnell into Prescott.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Was over there this summer and sad to say I never even looker for a dinner, the best I can do for you is there is a Bashas store. We stopped in Skull valley on the way over and had a early lunch. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
sorry I can't be more of a help, last few years all I've don't there is a soda and gas. there's gotta be someplace you would think.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Don't know about Bagdad, but there is a good place in Skull Valley, right next to the bridge. Kinda slow up there these days, even the the old Kirkland ***** house stopped selling breakfast!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is a very nice restaurant in Bagdad. Turn right on the street just prior to the Basha's store (don't know the street name) and go out there probably a couple miles. It is on the right. Was there a couple months ago.

There used to be a Mexican restaurant across the road from the Miner's Diner up on the hill that was OK. Been there a few times. Small, though.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
In the same center as Bashas there is a small cafe that serves lunch. I don't know about breakfast. I would call Bashas if you get no other satisfaction and ask them the name of that Cafe..
I haven't been there in a few months and I really miss the Miners Diner...
Another way would be to call the company that gives the mine tours and ask them where to get breakfast. Tell them you are inquiring about the tour. They used to be Phelps Dodge but I think they were bought out....
Good luck and let us know what you find out...

Big Tom

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thread Hi jack

Sorry, but I just noticed both BigTom and RonR are from Surprise. We have very good friends that live there (not bikers). The thought has crossed my mind to retire there in abuot 17 months or so. Could either or both of you PM me about how you like it, cost of living, riding, etc?

I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled subject.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm not in Surprise proper, but right next door. Houses are cheap right now (almost free), taxes moderate to low. Summers hot hot hot and winters very nice.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Surprise is one of the newer developed areas.....most everything is new or near to it. Lots of nice housing and at good prices right now. Still many open flower fields yet to be turned into homes. Luke AFB is close and fighter traffic/noise overhead is a consideration for some.

Twenty-five miles to Wickenburg, that leads to one of the best twisty roads in Arizona. Yarnell Hill, White Spar to Prescott, Mingus Mtn to Jerome and then to Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon and Flagstaff.

It does get HOT in the summer months...100's from March to late October are the norm....but it's a dry heat!! :eek:4: Except in July and August during the Monsoon. The difficult part of summer, is the relentless heat....midnight and it's still 95 to 100. But today...it's 70+ with clear skys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was in Bagdad for lunch yesterday at the above mentioned restaurant. I confirmed they do serve breakfast, opening at 7:00 am. And they are on N. Lindahl Rd. This is the right turn just prior to Basha's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank's Ron, I will give it a try next time I go to Bagdad. This morning I took a ride to Clint's Well for breakfast. It was cool with snow on the side of the road. The highest part of the ride getting there is 7100 feet.
Thank's again, R.J.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The only place to get Breakfast in Bagdad.... The Circle Bar and Steak House. On N. Lindhal Rd. It doesn't matter how good it was.. If you wanna eat thats where you are going....LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
my buddy that i went to sturgis with has a birthday tomorrow, we're going to check out bagdag / prescott thursday. he doesnt get out much for some reason,he always talks about riding but never gets out, an older harley rider, he sounded excited when i asked him to go for a ride.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Wear your Woolies. When I rode from Bagdad to Prescott on the 14th there was a foot of snow on the sides of the road.

·
Registered
869 Posts
thank you, we'll pack some extra clothing, nwe're meeting up at 0900 in the morning if anyone wants to tag along with a goldwing 2 up and two harleys. we won't be in any hurry,

bagdag, it was OK, maybe i missed something, bagdag to prescott, too many cow gratings, prescott to yarnell, now thats a nice ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts