GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have been following the BaggerShield Review thread -

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293645

- you already know about the group buy I have arranged. For those of you that have not, check out the review thread and see what Dirty Boots has had to say about this new and innovative windshield. There is also a link to the manufacturer's website where you can see a demo and get more info.

I have been thinking it's time for a new windshield, and wasn't sure what to get. This shield seems to have it all: Cool looking sport shield when you want the wind in your face, and a genuinely protective shield for those rainy days and for serious touring, all in a quality product from nice people.

Here's the deal:

We can do a group buy with a minimum 5 orders. The percentage off will equal the number of orders, up to 20%. That is, if we have only 5 orders, we each get 5% off; if we have 12 orders, 12% off, etc., up to 20% off for 20 or more orders.

Anyone that wants to buy should send me a PM with their real name (not just their board name). At some point, we'll set a cut off date and then I'll send the list of names to BaggerShield. They will either provide a promo code to use when ordering, and/or have each of us call and provide our payment and shipping info, etc.

I told Spencer that we had a rally (Rockies Gold) coming up, and that I would be attending, so it might be several weeks before I get back to him.

If you have any questions about the process, or the shield, etc. ask on this thread so everyone can get the questions and the answers.

That's it for now. I'm getting one of these no matter what, but it sure would be nice to get 20% off, so I hope a bunch of you at least look into this.

·
Registered
700 Posts
PM Sent...Thanks for setting this up...:thumbup:...Finally a shield I should be able to see over...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Any ideas on when the deadline to order would be? Even at 20% off I'd have to get approval from the financial adviser on this. I miss my cash card that had money automatically deposited in it for stuff like this. Thankfully, I should be able to set it up at my next command so this is only a temporary thing.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
pm sent:thumbup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Might it be possible to set this up through our site sponsor?? Might be something HDL would want to sell. And if they become a distributer maybe that could garnish a better discount. PM Lamont and see.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any ideas on when the deadline to order would be? Even at 20% off I'd have to get approval from the financial adviser on this. I miss my cash card that had money automatically deposited in it for stuff like this. Thankfully, I should be able to set it up at my next command so this is only a temporary thing.
It certainly won't be before mid-September, and probably a bit later than that. If you can give me a date that isn't too far out, I don't see why we can't wait to include you. Afterall, unless we've already met the 20 for max discount, your order helps us all. Even if we have met the magic number, waiting a couple of extra weeks is no big deal. We are friends here, right!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Baggershield Group Buy Status Report

I don't know how many of you may have seen a recent post from Lamonster about misuse of this forum. Anyway, I did, and I was concerned that I might be doing something inappropriate organizing this group buy of a competing windshield. :shrug: I've spoken to Chris At HDL, and he has given his blessings to our effort. :yes1: ;)

As of this posting, I have received 10 comittments, including mine, and one more that will 'sign up' if we reach fifteen. This is in less than 48 hours, so I'd say we were doing OK.

If you've sent a PM, and not heard back from me, please resend your message. I have endeavored to reply to each of you.

As I mentioned before, I'm heading to Rockies Gold Saturday morning :biker:, and leaving my computer behind, :thumbup: so you won't be hearing anything more from me until mid-September. I'll assess our progress at that time and either give others a little more time to commit, or proceed to close the buy.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
PM just sent count me in. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
PM sent, thanks for setting this up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a short sport shield that I ride with through the summer. Once the temperature begins to deop I switch back to the OEM shield. Installing the baggershield should allow use of the shorter shield into winter. Take a look at the linkks above. Great idea.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
btt... cuz folks are asking...:thumbup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great looking and practical addition, PM sent, count me in.

Thanks Doug Mills / AG5I

1 - 20 of 133 Posts