GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting off the trip out west this summer I decided to make a go of it. In about an hour I will start the trip to Colorado to see the beautiful country and some of those roads that Wingnutzz keeps showing us. Pictures will be coming and leave the light on for me. Hopefully the trip will top off with you guys in the parking lot of Red Roof Inn at WOTS. Dawg, keep me in mind incase I need a tire or two. Oh Jan, nice looking new bike!

Dennis
02 orange "SUNUP"

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Happy trails pardner. You almost waited too long. Its getting cold in them mountains.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Hey man, Please be careful. Have a great time and take the time to smell the roses. If you need any help let me know. I know alot of people that live in that area. Please be careful!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Have a safe trip Dennis and I look forward to seeing you at the RRI.

Say hello to that Dave for me.

:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Take some winter gear, we went over Independence Pass at 6am monday morning and it was 28 degrees. Got back to nevada that afternoon and it was 108 degrees. Tim

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Have a great ride, Dennis. We'll look for you at the Red Roof in a couple of weeks.

Ride Safe...........

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Dennis,

You go boy :!: I'm jealous.
Lots of pictures please so I can get all ready for next summer when I go to Colorado-Cade.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Have fun Dennis, sounds like a great trip!!!

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Be safe Dennis and have a great time. If you see Dave T. say Hi.
See you at the lot lizzard party.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Dennis,

Enjoy the trip, and ride safe for sure! Afternoon thunderstorms continue, but things are beautiful now. Leaves are still green, but starting to loose just a little of the green, and every once in a while you will see some Aspen turning. As we discussed, wish I were here to ride with you, but I'll be even further west in Lake Tahoe (car trip with friends).

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Hey man, Have a good trip. We will be looking forward to seeing you in the Parking lot...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,
I'm in Lawrence Kansas for the nite. I have to tell you Rtl.70 coming accross is the most boring road I have been on in years. Stuck in traffic for two hours in St. Louis. But will be in the mountains by the afternoon Friday. No pictures yet, like I said the route to boring. Will get some pictures by the weekend and stay safe everyone.
Dennis

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Did you try to take that St. Louis bypass north of town? We spent a couple of hours on that log jamb last year. It was a lot quicker going right through town even though it is longer. The rest of Kansas and I-70 gets even more bleak! Enjoy the mountains tomorrow.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PC,
Yea, I took the by-pass north of St. Louis and thats where I ended up in traffic for two hours. Will be getting off of Rt 70 for rt 40 this morning for something different. I just have to remember to watch my gas guage!
take care.

Dennis

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can't believe someone thinks Kansas is boring, Geez. Truth be known, I have to agree with ya and if you are taking Rt 40 from Oakley, it is going to get real bad and yes, don't let your gas tank get to empty, gas stations are few and far between. Have a safe trip and you will soon be in beautiful country.

Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts