GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been reading a lot of good comments on the Baker air wings. I can see that the hand wings attach to the mirror screw, and it looks as if the leg wings and foot wings clip on to the crash bars. How do the larger air wings attach to the bike? Im not big on drilling any holes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well if your not into drilling your "Tupperware", don't even think of buying the AIR WINGS™ with LOWERS™. You must drill 2 holes on both side to install them. With that said, I will say that they provide a template and the drill bit. If you just follow the directions it will come out perfect.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Drilling will be required through the two trim strips on either side of the top shelter. Remove strips. Baker provides a paper template that lines up postion for the holes very nicely. :D

Greyhound

·
Registered
52 Posts
baker Wings

The way I did mine I removed the stock Honda color matched face moldings. Then bought the Show Chrome Chrome face moldings and drilled them. That way you can put the bike back to stock if you want to without buying the high priced Honda units. Also adds a bit of bling......

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am considering puting the Air wings on mine but I am not big on drilling expensive tupperware either. I had thought about the chrome strips also. Is that the only thing that gets drilled or is the shelter also drilled? I am also trying to decide what color to get that would look good on my 06 Dark Red. Any opnions or pictures would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just the trim pieces get drilled. I was a little apprehensive about drilling mine at first, but it's a piece of cake. The template is dead on and as mentioned they supply the drill bit too. Don't let the drilling stop you from putting on the wings, in the summer you'll be glad you did, it's almost as good as air conditioning. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the Hand Wings, and was looking into air wings and lowers when I found a bargain set of BBP's upper air deflectors on eBay and decided to try them. Swapped out the hand wings for these and frankly, for me anyway, they work better. Less turbulent side air than I had with the hand wings, and frankly, I also think they look better. Bakers are highly rated, but fugly IMO. And, frankly, the BBPs are an easy install with no drilling. Don't really feel like I need the lowers now either.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=1161&str=4&ID=888633272

1 - 7 of 7 Posts