GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I must be having a Duh Moment. Does the big spacer really go under the plastic strip you take off the wing and drill? That is what my directions are showing me and I cant see how it will ever fit!
Advice will be appreciated, flames tolerated:joke::joke:

·
Registered
437 Posts
yes it goes under the strip if you are speaking of the white plastic spacer, just take your time when using the template to mark the location of the holes, and you should have no problem

·
Registered
75 Posts
just take your time when using the template to mark the location of the holes, and you should have no problem
:agree: Howie is right! Take your time, drill slow and careful. Those holes are big and the spacers fit tight, and work very well. You will LOVE your new Bakers.....I do !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:agree: Howie is right! Take your time, drill slow and careful. Those holes are big and the spacers fit tight, and work very well. You will LOVE your new Bakers.....I do !

So the spacer goes right into the Strip from the Wing??? OK, I think I got it, TY guys!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TY Guys, The page from Bakers just sucks!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The holes are slightly offset and the flat part of the flange on the bushing goes to the offset side. It is easier to install them if you put them in place and let the top show above the strip then use a rubber band around them until you have the strip back in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts