GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting the Baker Built Trike Wings vice the Baker Build Leg Wings on my two wheeled 1800.
I am looking for feedback on how effective they work on the trike and if anyone has put the trike wings on their 1800.

Thanks in advance.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Didn't know there was a difference....

Can someone enlighten me???

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I put the leg wings on my Trike and it didn't do what I thought it would. I then read about the big trike wings and bought a set at the Davis Rally from the Baker vendor. That made a world of difference for me and my wife. I also have the Baker mirror wings which work well. Also thought about the regular wings but don't want to drill holes, so thats out for now.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I believe you would have difficulty using the trike wings on a two wheeled Goldwing.....they are positioned rather low.

Have you consider the Tulsa Hot Foot?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yellowtrike said:
I believe you would have difficulty using the trike wings on a two wheeled Goldwing.....they are positioned rather low.

Have you consider the Tulsa Hot Foot?
According to the pictures that I have viewed, they are the same height and they mount the same, the only difference being the width.

I have a Tulsa Hot Foot installed but they do not help with the wind from the sides.

Thanks

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
thanks guys, never knew these were arounf. I had the smaller ones on my 05, worked ok..

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The trike wings are mounted on the engine guards.

The upper/lower wings are attached to the fairing.

Of course, if you don't ride anywhere except on straight roads the trike wings won't be a problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yellowtrike said:
The trike wings are mounted on the engine guards.

The upper/lower wings are attached to the fairing.

Of course, if you don't ride anywhere except on straight roads the trike wings won't be a problem.
Yellowwing, the leg wings also mount on the engine guards (see http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =828711092 ) and I have the upper/lower wings installed.

Will you please elaborate on your comment “Of course, if you don't ride anywhere except on straight roads the trike wings won't be a problem.”?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
If you move this question over to the Trike Section you would get better response and some photos. I will try to find some photos to link to when I get to work. I love mine on the Trike and they work great for me. You have to look at the design of the Trike to see how they are designed to work. They took about 80% of the buffeting off the SO.

PS: I have some Phlight Time in Phrogs myself.

·
Registered
416 Posts
1800 06 Champion said:
I put the leg wings on my Trike and it didn't do what I thought it would. I then read about the big trike wings and bought a set at the Davis Rally from the Baker vendor. That made a world of difference for me and my wife. I also have the Baker mirror wings which work well. Also thought about the regular wings but don't want to drill holes, so thats out for now.
I put a set of Baker wings on while on a 2-week road trip this summer; just couldn't tolerate the engine heat any more. But I didn't have a drill, and didn't really want to drill the trim. So - I just pulled the trim and mounted the wings "naked".

Yea, the bike looked goofy without the trim, but I wanted to try the wings before I drilled holes. I also didn't like the fact that the wings would then be a permanant fixture on the bike.

I've since purchased a second set of trim, so now I have one with holes for the Baker wings, and one without holes for when I want the clean look.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
"Of course, if you don't ride anywhere except on straight roads the trike wings won't be a problem."

I think Yellowtrike is referring to putting trike wings on a two wheeler and the ground clearance when pressing into the twisties, so if you are not riding twisties, and only ride straight, you will not have ground clearance problems. Don't think many two wheelers only ride straight?!

So the suggestion may be that trike wings may not be good on a two wheeler....MTCO

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KJ5IX said:
If you move this question over to the Trike Section you would get better response and some photos. I will try to find some photos to link to when I get to work. I love mine on the Trike and they work great for me. You have to look at the design of the Trike to see how they are designed to work. They took about 80% of the buffeting off the SO.

PS: I have some Phlight Time in Phrogs myself.
Thanks for the advice. I posted as you recommended.

What model did you get your time in? There are still 219 Phrogs serving our country proud with the Marines, one or two squadrons in Iraq. The Navy no longer has any H46 as they went the way of the H60.

Thanks for your service our country, Semper Fidelis. :beer2:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The SK's, H-46 & a couple UH-1's. even though I was 3MAW, MAG-13 I got most of the missions with the USA, 135th Heavy Air Cav. in the S_hitHooks CH-47.

Simper Fi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts