GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting the Baker Built Trike Wings vice the Baker Built Leg Wings on my two wheeled 1800.
I am looking for feedback on how effective they work on the trike and if anyone has put the trike wings on their 1800.

Thanks in advance

Any Pictures would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The wife has a lot of experience sitting in the back. She says they (Baker Trike Wings) make a big differnece.

BUT... we have a triked '05 Wing, I don't know if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the trike wings on my trike and they really do work. My wife likes them and they help me out too.

Tom

·
Registered
182 Posts
wings

I called Baker and ask if the 1800 trike wings would fit a 1500 trike. They said no. WELLLL, I got 'em anyhow, and by drilling one mounting hole in a different place, WHALLA, perfect fit. most benifit, really keeps most all the bug splatters of the rear fenders. diesel

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would think they would work just fine. They move the air around the fenders on a trike, they should be able to move the air around the saddle bags on a bike. The fenders on a trike is where most of the air comes from for the passenger and add with turbulence that comes around the mirrors and that a very large amount of air. I would try some mirror wings first and see how much different they make. I don't think you get that much wind off the saddle bags. I have both on the trike and I can get a real thumping if I turn the mirror wing straight so I can get some air. The air hits the upper arms and her jacket blows, looks likes shes going to fly. THUMP. I wouldn't think punching that big of a hole in the air,
wouldn't help make her ride any better. The trike wing is maybe two to three times wider than the bike wing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know these are a "relatively" new product. For those who use the leg or trike wings, what is the impact + o - on the fuel mileage? After riding my new Champion home (150 miles), I may just get the trike wings to keep the crap off the rear body work.
Mike

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
EZRIDERS said:
I know these are a "relatively" new product. For those who use the leg or trike wings, what is the impact + o - on the fuel mileage? After riding my new Champion home (150 miles), I may just get the trike wings to keep the crap off the rear body work.
Mike
Mike, they do help w/ bugs, etc. on the fenders. Don't eliminate it completely, but easier to clean off the wings than the fender. I doubt they have much negative drag on fuel mileage. The fenders are the big culprit. But that is just a guess. I like the trike wings, but they do make my tootsies a little warmer. When it is real hot on a trip, I use the Kury pegs to get some cool air.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts