GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day - So I have a question about the Baker wings that attach to the underside of the mirrors only. Almost everyone agrees that they are great and work well -
The part of the reviews I'm having trouble with is whether they reduce the wind effect on the passenger, some say yes others say not really. I finally got my wife on the back and she says she got buffeted around a bit, and her face was really cold. Will those wings block some of that buffet or not, what do guys think??

Also there was alot of complaints about them moving when speeds get to 60 or better, has the company done something about this or is there a fix I can apply to prevent this?? :shrug:

Thanks for your thoughts ... P

·
Registered
502 Posts
Baker Wings

One of the best acc. that you can buy for the passenger. The mirror wing will help some for the passenger but you will get more from them than the rider. The two that gives the most to the passenger or the two that mounts on the fairing the people that I ride with had me put them on my 06 and we just love them cold or hot weather you can adjust them to make you more comfortable.

Sonney

·
Registered
908 Posts
First off the Baker wing movement is ez to adjust w/the (acorn) jam nut at the bottom of the bracket mount.
My wife and I have noted a difference from shoulder level to about the eyes w/just the mirror wings - keeps the wind noise out of the passenger intercom-but still some buffeting at the top of her helmet. In colder weather the full set of 'wings' helps both rider and passenger control airflow. JMHO

·
Registered
237 Posts
Baker Wings

We have all the Baker Wings and agree the lower ones help the most with stopping buffeting the passenger. However, the Kuryakyn Rear Air Foil has almost elimenated buffeting and wind noise from her mike. The wind speed and direction all contribute to the amount of buffeting, but get the Baker Wings and the Rear Air Foil for a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do the lower wings require :eek:4: drilling? I really don't want to put holes in the fairing, I get so scared. :22yikes:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Drilling

Sorry but yes they do go to a rally and they will install them for you that trim piece that they hook on will problem break a tab at the bottom that is not uncommon.

Sonney

1 - 6 of 6 Posts