GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Level 1 Standard Windscreen

I am considering the purchase of Baker Built Air Wings to reduce the air turbulence to my wife. I recently added Leg Wings and they seemed to work as promised.

My question is, since I have some "highway pegs" that I routinely use when riding, will the Baker Wings interfere with my use of them?

All the pictures I have found seem to show the the lower wing on the "Honda GL1800 Air Wings w/ Lowers" will interfere.

And, if I have to take the lowers off to allow my use of the highway pegs, will my passenger still get a reasonable reduction in turbulence from just the use of the upper wing?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have Baker brand wings with lowers and mirror wings but not the leg wings. I have ****-O-Pegs model GD and RIVCO Aeropegs. I have a 30" inseam. All works well for me. My pillion is short and doesn't mind before or after.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The 2-piece Baker wings do not interfere with the Kury highway pegs on my bike, but the other guy's 3-piece wings definitely would.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks Andy Cote and JoeHall. I will give them a try. Just wanted to make sure before I put down the money.

And Andy, KI4KZ here but only Advanced. Just could not get the 20 WPM test back when I got my license some years ago.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ok, thanks Andy Cote and JoeHall. I will give them a try. Just wanted to make sure before I put down the money.

And Andy, KI4KZ here but only Advanced. Just could not get the 20 WPM test back when I got my license some years ago.
I wanted new style full black and no one had in stock. The best price I found was not one of this board's sponsors so I won't name them but they drop shipped direct from the manufacturer. Baker includes a spade style wood bit for the hole and says you can drill without removing the trim piece. Well I think they bought some bits from a different supplier as the point bottomed out before the hole was complete. Easy enough to pull the trim and finish it off and also easier to get the bolt out with the trim off. One of those jobs that I would do first thing in the morning and not when you are tired.

I haven't had much air time of late as I need to do an install in my truck. Last setup was my Kenwood tri-band on my GL1500. Not sure how I managed to pass the code test but I do have a funny story. I took written for Advanced and Extra on the same day and scored like a 20 on the Advanced and aced the Extra. VE said "What the H?" and released he had the scoring template upside down,

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My wife told me to NOT install Bakers on the new Wing as they didn't do much for her on the old one. Saved me some $$$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts