GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had pretty good luck with balance beads, and I know the standards are 2 oz. in the front and 3 in the rear. Has anyone upped the ante and gone with 4 oz. in the rear? With the extra mass of a CT, it seems adding another oz. wouldn't be such a bad thing. What do ya think?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with balance beads, and I know the standards are 2 oz. in the front and 3 in the rear. Has anyone upped the ante and gone with 4 oz. in the rear? With the extra mass of a CT, it seems adding another oz. wouldn't be such a bad thing. What do ya think?
Any extra beads will just roll around on the tire. I have used 3 oz in many car tires with no problems.

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I did, works just fine..... I put 3 in front, and 4 in the rear.
not enough is bad, it bounces.

more, just spreads out evenly until the tire is balanced and you will never feel that happening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used 2 ounces in my rear tire because that’s all I had at the time and didn’t want to wait for more and the tire is as smooth as you could want.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Look at either dynabeads or counteract websites for addition chart amounts.

Short answer to question, too little and you won't get full benefits if tire is inherently off-balanced. Too much and besides being a waste of beads, it can actually result in an imbalance due to the beads unable to get out of their own way. If you look at the fine print section, it says to reduce the amount of beads if used at high speeds.

And recommended rates for Darksiders is 2 front, 3 rear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used three for a few years always a slight vibration, Went to four oz for last three tires, always perfect no vibration ever

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
What do I think?.
Nobrainer there.
Pick up a cheap as chips static balancer and have a balanced tyre and rim, and no vibration.

Cure the problem at the source and not treat the symptom..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts