GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baltimore: Looking for a good place for seafood (off topic - maybe)

Looking for a good place for seafood (particularity crab) in Baltimore around S. Broadway and Eastern Ave.
This isn't for a ride, but looking for a good place for crab in that specific area.

It's "off topic" from the non-ride perspective... but we are Wingers and LOVE good food. So I thought as folks post suggestions to answer my inquiry, a ride may just be produced from it :)

Thanks in advanced for any and all suggestions!!!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Well Blondie,, when you find it and try it out, and it's good, it will be your job then to get the rest of us down there to enjoy....
See what you can get yourself into by talking about food....
I'm ready for a seafood run !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'll be down there in mid-June for all 3 games of the Mets - O's series (lifelong, die-hard O's fan)... so, except for Phillips, list a bunch of places I won't wanna miss!

;)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looking for a good place for seafood (particularity crab) in Baltimore around S. Broadway and Eastern Ave..
Have you ever been to the intersection of Eastern & Broadway?

It's sort of a battle zone - controlled by the hispanics...

How far are you willing to travel from that intersection?

Within a couple of miles there are TONS of seafood restaurants...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Margarita Will,,
You're still around... So nice to see you posting,,,,
We thought you left the country and moved to Mexico to
eat hershey bars and drink Margaritas...
WE MISSED YOU !!!!!!

Okay back to Blondies post,,, (sorry Blondie)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you ever been to the intersection of Eastern & Broadway?
It's sort of a battle zone - controlled by the hispanics...
How far are you willing to travel from that intersection?
Within a couple of miles there are TONS of seafood restaurants...
yep - been there. But that's were our meeting is going to be and the folks want crab cakes for lunch
And I knew the best place to ask about food was on this board.... hahahahahaha
Suggestions?
(Within 5-10 miles from there is fine - but the closer the better)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blondie , are you talking about hard crabs, soft crabs or crab cakes. It makes a difference....
Crab cake for sure :)
Suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, y'all can poke around the Eastern and Broadway intersection all ya' want, but "I" KNOW where the best crab cakes in town are.

They are my wife's crab cakes.:bow: Always a treat for me, and have been for forty years.

Sadly, her kitchen is beyond the 5 mile zone Blondie established, and, besides, you'd have to ask her "What's for dinner?" on your chosen day.

That said, try http://www.obryckis.com/. They reopen March 17. One of my wife's favorites.:thumbup:

Happy crabbing.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, y'all can poke around the Eastern and Broadway intersection all ya' want, but "I" KNOW where the best crab cakes in town are.
They are my wife's crab cakes.:bow: Always a treat for me, and have been for forty years.
Sadly, her kitchen is beyond the 5 mile zone Blondie established, and, besides, you'd have to ask her "What's for dinner?" on your chosen day.
That said, try http://www.obryckis.com/. They reopen March 17. One of my wife's favorites.:thumbup:
Happy crabbing.
Maybe I'll extend this to a 10 mile radius :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
As you leave eastern ave. and broadway head east on eastern for 8 blocks and turn right on chester st.

you will be heading towards the water... 2 short blocks down you will come to aliceanna st.

at this intersection you will see a building that looks like the front of a large ship. its called captain james crab house. its good but not great...

there are only a few great crab cakes places around and most of them are home made....

never been there but i hear very good things about the admiral fell inn at the foot of broadway ( at the waters edge) and you could walk there from your meeting ... watch for the pan handlers....

if you are not all that wrapped up in crab you will only be a few blocks from little italy and some very good food...

i hope your meeting is in the daytime.....good luck, carl

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
G&M Crabcakes Resturant
804 Hammonds Ferry rd
Linthicum Heights, Md. 21090
410.636.1777/877.554.3723

Excellant Crab Cakes!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Obryckis is also a good choice and in the neighborhood.... have someone with you to stand guard over your bike at lunch time if you ride.... not kidding ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
restaurant.

Hi,
The best place for "crab cakes" in that area is called "By The Dock Seafood Restaurant", if you are looking for crabs go to Bo Brooks in baltimore. By the Dock is on Eastern Ave. out by the Drive-in theatre, Bengie's drivein.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts