GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking for help in finding BBQ restaurants in Canada. It's part of the Smoke Chasing Rally which I signed up for. Rules of the rally say the word Barbecue (or variations) must be on the sign somewhere.

So far I have:
D&S Southern Comfort, Carlsbad Springs, ON
Tunnel BBQ, Windsor, ON
Smoke and Grill, Windsor, ON
O-So-Goode BBQ, Osgoode, ON
Haugens, Port Perry, ON

Lets put Canadian 'Q on the map so to speak.

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul, there are some good ones there I'm sure.

Bar-B-Barn caused quite a kerfuffle on facebook when someone asked if it would qualify. In the end it was denied because it doesn't say Bar-B-Q. Since the Q was intentionally left off it doesn't count. :( Oh well, there are others in Quebec so all is not lost.

I'll make certain to go to Memphis Blues, looks like a great restaurant. :thumbup:

It's not hard to see that Scarborough has changed a lot since I moved away. Almost all of the BBQ joints are Korean now. That's okay though, as long as they're still in business. I traveled all over Windsor chasing BBQ joints that had closed but still showed in the GPS. Fortunately it was great weather and I did manage to find 2 very good spots in town. Here in Ottawa it's the same story. Lots of Korean BBQ places on the 'net and in the GPS but all closed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grumpa:

Check out the Man VS Food web site. http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food

You can also do a Google search and find loads of places.
I've recorded every episode of Man v Food and have planned some stops on my vacation based on the show. However, there's only been 1 episode with a side trip to Canada that I remember and that was in Niagara Falls. I'll be visiting there this fall for sure.

Unfortunately Google searches don't always come up with current locations. I've done the searches and spent 2 days so far riding around town going to restaurants that are no longer in business. If I were smarter I'd phone first but... I'm always up for a ride in any case. What I'm hoping for is restaurants with personal recommendations, that you really enjoy and that are still open, similar to our Great Canadian Eateries list but BBQ specific. Not asking for much am I? :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts