GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to raise the grip position an inch or so, and move it forward a couple of inches on my new 06, what is available?

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Be careful.

Being adjustable does not imply being able to move the bars forward from stock.

To the best of my knowedge they all pull the bars back.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Check all parts first with the REGS

On my REGS, the adjusting slot on the right piece was to narrow and the nut and star washer wouldn't go in it. I checked the left side and assumed the right side was OK. The nut was .615 across and the slot was .612. Ground .005 of each side of the nut and two teeth, opposing sides on the star washer and it was fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Herjeff,

REG maker here.... The slot was the right size.....and forgive me for saying this but it's friday and I cant help myself......but it's them crazy Goldwing NUTS!!!

Seriously I have not ever heard of that being an issue but the size tolerances on the nuts are probably a little differnnt from lot to lot , but .005" had to be easy to take off with a file or sandpaper, right? Don't tell me you set it up in a mill or anything that drastic...if you did....we want to hire you!!!

Glad they work now......have a good weekend~~~!!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Exactly, it was easy. Wish everything was this easy to work around. The REGS brought my grips to my GL1500 dimension and I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Had my REG's I bought from HDL sitting for the past month. I sent my seat to Russell Cycle Products for the works. Not riding every minute, finally installed the risers. Can't wait to see what happens. The REG's are a piece of cake to install, even on the 06 with NAV.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used the HDL cheapies for less than 20 bucks. I figured if they did not work I would just replace them but I am completely satisfied.

IMHO

Q

1 - 11 of 11 Posts