GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to B'ham tomorrow to attend the festival at Barber's Motorsports facility. Will be camping in the "B" campground area. Me and a couple buds and one guy's wife rented a few lots. We'll be able to spread out this time. We're not riding down owing to the gear we're hauling in, plus I've strained my lower back and don't feel safe riding just yet (hope sleeping on an air mattress doesn't cause more problems). But, hey, there'll be plenty of old bike racing, swap meets, seminars, and other good times (quaffing a few brews...). If you're going, shout out and possibly we can meet up. I do have an Ace Corner wristband but I will usually move around depending on mood and distance to beer/food/toilets/sightings of hot ladies in need of the tender attentions of a Southern Gentleman >:).

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back home from the Vintage Festival. Had a great time even with a bad back. A definite attitude adjustment occurred. Keeping it short, let me say that my most favorite races were the sidecars and the superbikes with the sidecars being the most entertaining. The vintage bikes were cool (though noisy), and it did appear that more people were in attendance than last year. It did rain some Saturday night, but that just helped to cool the place down (it was miserably hot during the day). My one downside was my air mattress blew out Saturday night leaving me sleeping on the ground with just a pad and my sleeping bag for comfort. At my age, I need to consider going in a Recreational Vehicle >:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts