GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on guys,there is to much bashing and putting each other down for our ideas from time to time,TO EACH HIS OWN,we are all riders,its a brotherhood,lets try and remember that and be tolerant of others views,WE ARE ALL IN THE SPORT TOGETHER :beer3: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
and, how long have you been on this board? With how many posts? Looks like 42. I agree that we should all try to get along.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KINDA MY POINT

yes i have not been posting here for long,however i have been reading this board for years,does the fact that i have only been posting here a few months make my post less valid ??? it was just and observation of mine.does my newness make my posts invalid ??? its that kinda sideways put down i was talking about in the first place,lets try and be nice guys,it wont kill us.OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
994 Posts
magenta said:
come on guys,there is to much bashing and putting each other down for our ideas from time to time,TO EACH HIS OWN,we are all riders,its a brotherhood,lets try and remember that and be tolerant of others views,WE ARE ALL IN THE SPORT TOGETHER :beer3: OLE YELLER MBG PA
But yet your reply in another thread about iron butt rides was...

magenta said:
mind your own business,dont be a pain in the a$%,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BASHING

i disagree,if you show the whole thread i was simply defending another rider who was bashed for wanting do a iron butt ride,that was the story line of that post.ole yeller mbg pa

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Post Bashing

I agree, there is no place on this board or any board for post bashing unless the poster writes something so insulting or outrageous that it requires a little bashing.

This board and the other goldwing boards are pretty nice in comparison to some of the other boards I have seen. When I had my FJR1300 I used a couple FJR boards and one of them was very bad about bashing, name calling and general butt headedness. Wing boards tend to be much more civilized and courteous.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CRUSH WASHERS

:lol: :roll: :D ole yeller mbg pa

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bashing

i also find it amusing that so many times when someone with a low post count starts a thread someone with a high post count has to point out hey u r a newbie.if every newby is made to feel that way the board will have very few new members cause who wants to post if u r gonna be insulted cause of it.OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Another beautiful day in paradise...another week or so and I should be able to ride again!! I cannot imagine what you Northerners go through every Winter...gets so bad, people start bashing eachother on Gold Wing forums! Even the best forum (THIS ONE) on the Internet has held several such posts! I cannot believe it!

Well, at least I have some nice chrome to go put on the trike and the VTX...now, please play nice guys...

·
Registered
393 Posts
This thread took a sour turn
Geeee didn't see that coming :)

H

·
0 Posts
Re: bashing

magenta said:
i also find it amusing that so many times when someone with a low post count starts a thread someone with a high post count has to point out hey u r a newbie.if every newby is made to feel that way the board will have very few new members cause who wants to post if u r gonna be insulted cause of it.OLE YELLER MBG PA
Magenta,

I do apologize for that kind of attitude. Sometimes its a perception that doesn't transslate properly thru the cables of the Internet.

Look on the positive side. Its how this board toughens you up for the journey ahead.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Who can't ride up north??? It's gonna be 50* in Southern Indiana. Dry roads.

I just put a pair of ShowChrome lower air deflectors on last night (thank you HDL!). Gotta go knock out a Dead Kite Flyer number of miles this afternoon to test them. Later!

Bradford

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
In our part of the country when you enter someones house and are unknown you take it easy and get to be known first. If you start spouting off about how people post and it needs to stop. Then when you read your posts and your the one doing the bashing. Something just doesn't add up. If my post has hurt your feelings I am truly sorry. You will find that during the winter months people seem to have much shorter tempers on this board. It is just the nature of the beast, not being able to ride our bikes. It has been this way on this board since it was started. If you put some thought into your posts before you let go with the key board you will find there are a lot fewer times that you either jump into the middle of something or start something. Enough said, welcome aboard the best forum on the internet!!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) affects every MC forum out there... I feel for the guys who have to put their rides up for the winter :shock: I couldn't ride for two days due to sleet/icy conditions... thought I was going to die.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What a delema! I want to say "Hey! I agree. Yous out there that are beating up on a guy for writting an opinion need to stop Bashing but, then, wouldn't I be bashing the bashers?! That would make me a bashing basher basher and I just couldn't live with that!

So I guess I just won't say anything.

But, wow, now I'm going to be bashed for being a whimp and not standing up for my fellow buddies and that'll make me a bashed bashing basher basher! How emabarrasing is that??!! :oops: :oops:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
BlueWing said:
and, how long have you been on this board? With how many posts? Looks like 42. I agree that we should all try to get along.
Looks like you just made his point for him...

I guess some folks just cant seem to grasp that QUANTITY and QUALITY are actualled spelled differently...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to go for a nice long ride...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts

Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I do apologize for that kind of attitude. Sometimes its a perception that doesn't transslate properly thru the cables of the Internet.
Even before the Internet, there were dial-up BBS's that suffered from the same "perception" problems. The solution is equally valid today as it was back in the 80's..., the number 1 rule regarding electronic postings...

"If you dont like, or agree with, what someone else has posted, simply click on NEXT..."

There's certainly no need to applogize for anything that happens here..., you MORE than do your part already... <smile>

·
Registered
254 Posts

BrianH said:
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Even before the Internet, there were dial-up BBS's that suffered from the same "perception" problems. The solution is equally valid today as it was back in the 80's..., the number 1 rule regarding electronic postings...

"If you dont like, or agree with, what someone else has posted, simply click on NEXT..."

There's certainly no need to applogize for anything that happens here..., you MORE than do your part already... <smile>
What he said!!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts