GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses Bass Pro 100 mph Gortex Rain Gear?

Coments? Pros & cons?

Please don't post about the cost, the set IS $$$ but if it works it is worth it. I've tried numerous other types of rain gear that I either get wet from rain or from sweat.

They were on sale last week (1st time ever) and I bought a set to use on the GW and when riding the ATV; maybe even fishing. I haven't used them yet and can always return them.

It rains infrequently here in Az but I may ride the GW elsewhere. I do ride 80+ mph often (on the GW and 70+ on the ATV). I've used Cabellas Dry Plus on the ATV but got wet in a driving downpour at 70 mph on a dirt road.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Know nothing about the Bass, but I'll tell you this: I've owned numerous "sauna-suits" over the years, and was never willing to spring for an expensive suit. Some worked very well, but were hot. Others were light and flexible, but I'd get wet in a prolonged downpour.

Recently I sprung for the new Olympia Horizon 2-piece suit. Expensive, but seemingly high-tech in design and materials. In a word, this suit is FANTASTIC! Light weight, super comfortable, good air flow, the best fit of any rain gear I've ever worn, and laden with great features. Keeps me totally dry, and is actually easy to put on and remove. Worth every penny!

Hopefully, you'll feel the same way about the Bass... worth the cost. If not, I highly recommend the Horizon.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a set of the BPS 100mph bib and jacket for fishing. I do a lot of bass tournaments, and that puts me on the water regardless of weather. IMO, it's one of the best investment I've ever made. Prior to the 100mph set I had one of the cheaper Cabela's bib/jacket rainsuits. It's ok, but the 100mph sets is one of the best rain suits out there. I know a lot of folks that wear them. They fit and seal great, and as a windbreak, you can't ask for anything better. I've worn it during tornados, torrential downpours, as well as hail and snow storms. When fishing in the winter this is the only outfit I wear even when temps drop into the 20s, of course we're talking insulated underwear, sweatshirt and fleece type jacket under it. But for an outerwear, this is it. Also, the hood zips off which is another good feature.

I've never worn it on the bike, mostly because of its bulk in storage; I carry a set of frogg-toggs on the bike. But this suit would be great for the open road. As a matter of fact, I'm planning a ride to Alaska in June, and with all the talk of rain, I've been considering these for the trip.

If I had to find any fault, it would have to be access for nature breaks. There's a zipper in the front, but there's a waterproof pocket behind it that makes access (without unbuckling) nearly impossible. But that's the only fault I can mention. My set is about 7 years old now, and basing this on mine. They may have redesign it by now.

That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You might try a PM to stevegold he has had one for 15 years and just replaced it recently. He swears by them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Rain Gear I have found.

Best rain gear I have used and continue to use is: Tourney Gore Tex. It is made for golfers. Keeps me dry in a heavy rain, it is light weight, and breathes well. I have the jacket and pants. The pants have front pockets, rear pocket and most nice is front pee zipper. Very cost effective if purchased used. The jacket is front zipper with snap rain flap. Very well made stuff. Just search ebay using "Tourney Gore Tex" to find.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Know nothing about the Bass, but I'll tell you this: I've owned numerous "sauna-suits" over the years, and was never willing to spring for an expensive suit. Some worked very well, but were hot. Others were light and flexible, but I'd get wet in a prolonged downpour.

Recently I sprung for the new Olympia Horizon 2-piece suit. Expensive, but seemingly high-tech in design and materials. In a word, this suit is FANTASTIC! Light weight, super comfortable, good air flow, the best fit of any rain gear I've ever worn, and laden with great features. Keeps me totally dry, and is actually easy to put on and remove. Worth every penny!

Hopefully, you'll feel the same way about the Bass... worth the cost. If not, I highly recommend the Horizon.
++ Agree on the new Olympia. There is some great rain gear out there, but I'd encourage you to go with something designed by and for motorcycling. Motorcycle rain gear is cut differently in the crotch, armpits, lengths, pockets, hoods etc to be comfortable while in the riding position. Another plus on the Olympia is it doesn't take much space and can be put-on over other riding gear quickly with little fuss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts