GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of droping by wingstuff for a battery this month and just wanted to know if anyone has gotten one from them and what you think?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I'd be (a lot) more concerned about brand than where I got it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think the sale is still on at DLP so if their price is better for the Yuasa then I would buy from WingStuff. Since neither is within a days riding distance for me, I tend to look at the online cost plus shipping.

But I would be pricing the Yuasa battery for my Wing.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
OEM is the best. Mine lasted 7 years and just put on maintainer in the winter months. Just changed out due to age and preparing for a long trip.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I feel the best battery for the buck is one from the Westco Battery Company very good batteries and the price is also very reasonable and they last a long time.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Replace it with the upgraded one you have on your 09 you ride. Can't beat oem battery. Mine lasted 5 years without any chargers on them.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Get a Yuasa and have it shipped from out of AZ. You'll save some tax $$. All you do is add acid.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Get a Yuasa and have it shipped from out of AZ. You'll save some tax $$. All you do is add acid.
I think that the Yuasa batteries all ship with acid and are ready to go.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As wingstuff and others they have the batteries but no one knows what the year is on the ones they will sell you and I find this very important, at least I think so anyway. So how can I get one that is made this year?

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
OEM Yuasa
Wingstuff offers some of the best pricing

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yuasa batteries come either normal lead/acid or AGM.I thought I read that the 1800 came with the AGM version.Either way I would definitely get the AGM version.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yuasa batteries come either normal lead/acid or AGM.I thought I read that the 1800 came with the AGM version.Either way I would definitely get the AGM version.
AMG is the one but I want this years and not an old one. When you buy a car battery you always look for the latest (new) one to buy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AGM batteries have acid in them.

They do not have traditional removable caps or vent.
ok, so wher can I get one of these that has this years date code on it????? :bow::confused::?:

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Yuasa YTX20HL-BS batteries are shipped dry and the acid pack is included in the box. Shelf Life is just about indefinite till the battery is first activated either by you or a shop of your choosing. .

The Yuasa GYZ batteries are factory activated and come with the acid and charge already in them.

Lots of bad poop is being passed, in this thread. Beware of the "Facts" that you trust.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
The Yuasa YTX20HL-BS batteries are shipped dry and the acid pack is included in the box. Shelf Life is just about indefinite till the battery is first activated either by you or a shop of your choosing. .

The Yuasa GYZ batteries are factory activated and come with the acid and charge already in them.

Lots of bad poop is being passed, in this thread. Beware of the "Facts" that you trust.

Bulldog
I concur, What he said! I just paid 89+ change from DLP and going to shelve it for later use.

·
Registered
994 Posts
AGM batteries have acid in them.

They do not have traditional removable caps or vent.
Yes it has acid,but it's not a liquid you can pour out.The glass mat is saturated with the acid.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am looking for the AGM type battery or better and I want a NEW one but no one can tell me what date of the battery will be when I do get it shipped to me! does any vendor know what they are doing in this case????? :eek:4:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts