GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have knowledge of how long it might be reasonable to let an AGM battery sit on the shelf before the initial install? Thanks. Karl

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
If the acid pak has been added to the battery you better keep a charger/maintainer hooked up to it. If the acid hasn't been added it can sit on that shelf forever.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
If the acid pak has been added to the battery you better keep a charger/maintainer hooked up to it. If the acid hasn't been added it can sit on that shelf forever.
This is true if the battery seal has not been broken and the cells exposed to air. Oxygen deteriorates the plates and shortens their life.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I agree with the answers given above. However, if you have doubts, give Yuasa a call and I'm sure that they'll be willing to answer your question.

Mike

·
Registered
747 Posts
I recently purchased a Yuasa battery and it arrived packed in a box with the battery sealed in heavy plastic with each cell sealed with aluminium wrap. The acid is in a seperate container with 6 individual pouring spouts. A very neat and safe system that insures your battery has used none of its life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts