GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What life span can we expect from the stock battery, and what mileage should I expect from the original brake pads?

thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
92 Posts
dnifong said:
What life span can we expect from the stock battery, and what mileage should I expect from the original brake pads?

thanks,
Dale
Dale, expected battery life for most recreational vehicles is about 2 years..(dealer says 3 years) and that can be greatly shortened if:

1. You have a bunch of accessories that might drain the battery like a security system

If you use a Battery Tender Plus, 3 years should be golden...if you plug it in every time you park your Wing in the garage.

On brakes....NORMAL average mileage would be 12-15K

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've got a 2001 with the original battery but I ride almost every day summer and winter to work. As for pads I haven't done anything with them. Haven't even looked at them but I just ordered a set from Hal.

LAW

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Still using factory battery after 4.5 years. Have never used a battery tender or other charger on this bike.

Brake pads last me around 20,000 miles

·
Registered
525 Posts
13,000 miles. About 2MM above the wear indicator left on front pads. Ride mountains and in city hills. Lots of breaking.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Changed battery at 4 1/2 years during Hal's Memorial Day sale. Original is still holding a charge. 45k on original pads and just ordered a set from Hal's Labor Day sale. Originals are worn but not worn out. Down shift. Don't use the brakes.

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
just about 4 years on the original battery and 152,000 smiles, still seems to work just like new

replaced left front brake pads at 84,000
rear at about 99,000
front right at 136,000
if i were doing it over i would have just replaced them all at 84,000 but i was curious how long each set could last

1 - 8 of 8 Posts