GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body knows how many postive wires for accessories can be connected too the battery positive post. :shrug:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
An infinite number as long as they don't touch the frame. It is a pain to service, however.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Get a bus bar and wire it to the positive post so you can tap off of it and only have one thing actually bolted onto the positive post.

Another option is the setup I have, 2 positive leads to a fuse block I modified. 4 fuses are always hot and the other 4 are connected through a relay so they only come on with the ignition. The fuse block is in the left passenger glove box.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
An infinite number as long as they don't touch the frame. It is a pain to service, however.
True enough, but you will run out of threads on the bolt before long and need a new one (pun intended). This does not address that the practice is not a good idea, leaving too many wires to fry before getting to an inline fuse which is the least one should do to each line added.

There are many sources for extension of the fuse block and the positive terminal of the battery itself.

I'm sure that by the time you get back to your post, there will be suggestions from many people about the best way to do that and all will be valid alternatives.

·
Registered
878 Posts
As I reread his post, I wonder if he is trying to ask how much load can he run... i.e. how much "excess" alternator power is available...

·
Vendor
17,405 Posts
Get a bus bar and wire it to the positive post so you can tap off of it and only have one thing actually bolted onto the positive post.
:agree:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts