GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, gonna put a new battery in during my many repairs. I can't recall ever seeing a debate about batteries, so here's your chance. Should I get one from Honda, or get one from Tractor Supply Company. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello it is hard to beat the OEM battery!!!..HAL sells an updated (upgraded??) one reasonable "MOST" tractor supply (& other discount batterys wallmart....rualking...Kmart) are JUNK!!!!!)....chuck

·
Registered
748 Posts
battery

If you buy a sealed MF battery you will likely get good service regardless of brand.

Actually...most of the different brands are probably made by Yuasa-exide anyway.

But if you want to try a different source than the usual MC supply houses, try this: http://www.gruberpower.com/

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Have used the Deka ETX20L for years in my S&S powered V-Twin....this is the same battery that fits the GL1800. Premium AGM, made in USA and has a 1 year warranty. This battery comes ready to install, which means it's fully charged....no filling and charging required.

Suggest you don't buy a cheap battery....buy OEM or better, as described above. JMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts