GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh, I tried to find and order a new battery for our '09 GL1800.
Directline has changed their website....yuk

Anyway, their available batteries go through '08.

I found one on Amazon, but I want to be sure it's the right one, because they won't let you send it back.
Is this the right battery for our '09 wing?

YTX20L-BS YUAM320BS

TIA

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Gosh, I tried to find and order a new battery for our '09 GL1800.
Directline has changed their website....yuk

Anyway, their available batteries go through '08.

I found one on Amazon, but I want to be sure it's the right one, because they won't let you send it back.
Is this the right battery for our '09 wing?

YTX20L-BS YUAM320BS

TIA

I've been buying my bike batteries at my local Tractor Supply for years. There's one right @ 300 Depot St, in Bennington, VT near you. You can call them to make sure they have what you need before you go over there @ (802) 440-9937. If they are out of what you need it's usually just a few days to get one. Around here it's an Exide brand and runs $70-$80, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
757 Posts
They are 2 different batteries. One is for a Harley and the other is for the Wing. Battery posts are different.

If you are going for the YTX, get the YTX20HL-BS.

Bulldog
The only different in the posts is just a little bigger and the nuts are locked in place so they will not come out.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
One is for a Harley and the other is for the Wing. Battery posts are different.
I put one of these in the wing after the9 year old battery failed. My cousintook it out of his bikeand put n a new one, it took a chage tho and fired the wing up, 3 weeks later it died as I pulled into the barn :( got teh real deal and look for another 9 years :) gots 87000 on it now after running 33000 on the 02, number 9 goldwing too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts