GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my original battery in my 04 Wing, it is showing on the testing equipment as fair, planning some long trips with a trailer when the snow finaly leaves!
Any help is great, we are in the Niagara area of Canada.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Hal sells the Yuasa OEM battery in the newer higher amp rated model. This battery is the same that comes with the new GWs. If yours lasted 5 yrs then I would go with another of the same.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I've been selling motorcycle batteries for 36 years and I can guarantee you that you will not save any money by buying anything but a Yuasa battery. That 30-50 bucks you save by buying a cheap China or Taiwan battery will not pay off in the long run.

G

·
OEM Yuasa. Buy from Hal at HDL. Add a couple other items to get over $100 order value and you get free shipping. Can't beat the deal, and the Yuasa can't be beat either.

Ride safe

·
Registered
561 Posts
I bought a battery locally a couple years back from Wally world. Lasted almost one year. I then bought a expensive glass mat one one line. It lasted about 1 1/2 years. Last fall I bought the OEM Yuasa and will not try anything else.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same story here with a GL1500. I tried a cheap battery. Never again. After less than a year I got a Yuasa glass mat sealed battery and it was awesome. When I have to replace the GL1800 battery I am going to get another Yuasa sealed battery. This is definately something NOT to go cheap on.

BTW, who is Hal and what is HDL? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
OEM for me also.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Same story here with a GL1500. I tried a cheap battery. Never again. After less than a year I got a Yuasa glass mat sealed battery and it was awesome. When I have to replace the GL1800 battery I am going to get another Yuasa sealed battery. This is definately something NOT to go cheap on.

BTW, who is Hal and what is HDL? Thanks.[/quote]

Hal is a Honda dealer and the sponsor of this board. HDL stands for Honda Direct Line where you can order all your goodies for your Wing at fantastic prices. Good prices, good service, and we like to support the sponsor of this board. :yes1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts