GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be hooking the battery tender / quick connect cable (not sure if that is the official name of it) to my battery for my 2018 DCT. Since I plan on keeping the cable attached to the battery year round, I am wondering if anyone has found a decent area to put the "quick connect" end so that it is accessible but out of the way?

Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
The hole Honda supplied in the side cover is just about perfect...

I don't hook ours up except for during winter storage, so just us the clips.
This is what I do, simple and effective. Also, somewhere on the now 30 year old World Wide Web, you can purchase an SAE-COAX pigtail/adapter, should you want to use that same wire to power heated gear, vs. running a separate wire, or permanent plug.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I use my charger cord all the time, just plug it in when I get home from a ride during the riding season, and keep it plugged in during the hibernation season...

I use a zip tie that I just hang the charger cable through,as well as my heated jacket cord ,it keeps them both out of the way .....No problems!

Ronnie

Reactions: Art H.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Also, somewhere on the now 30 year old World Wide Web, you can purchase an SAE-COAX pigtail/adapter, should you want to use that same wire to power heated gear, vs. running a separate wire, or permanent plug.
If you do use the adapter for heated clothes (Gerbing's), remember to change out the 7.5 amp fuse that's in the battery tender pigtail with a higher value. Depending on your heated clothes, you may need to go as high as 15-20 Amps.

And remember, resistance isn't futile - its voltage divided by current...

Reactions: Psychopasta
1 - 8 of 8 Posts