GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this item is new to me. Are there any downfalls , or negatives to using this product. I have it, and not yet used it. Just wondering.

·
Registered
309 Posts
HondaRider2oo5 said:
Well this item is new to me. Are there any downfalls , or negatives to using this product. I have it, and not yet used it. Just wondering.
I use Batter Tender Jrs. Three of 'em for two bikes and a lawn mower. Wouldn't do without them.

:wink:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I am on my second winter with it and it works great. I attached the permanent harness to the Wings battery and just flip the connector out of the side cover and hook it up when I want to use it. I just plug it in and leave it plugged in for the whole winter. If I get a day that is good for riding, I just disconnect the Battery Tender Plus and go for a ride.
I also use the connector to power my small air compressor I carry.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have two on two bikes and have used them both for about ten years. Use it every time you park your bikes and your battery will last twice as long.
In fact just last year I replaced the original battery on my 97 Valk just because I thought it was time, even though it had never given me a moments problem.
Use yours, it was a very good investment. Your bike will start faster with a stronger jolt, every time.
Use the supplied clip on ends on your lawn mower's battery etc a few times during the winter as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fred H. said:
I rode over mine and drop kicked it across the garage a couple times. It is all dented up, but still works fine.
No hijack intended, just a quick aside ......Were you wearing shoes? :p

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I own 3 of em :D never a dead battery :D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have a couple that I've never used. The weather here has been cry enough over the past few winters that I've been able to get out and ride enough I've not needed to park long enough it's been an issue. The longest I've gone without riding in the past few winters was less than two weeks. Of course, I'll ride in weather that most people won't.

I've never known anyone to have a problem with them, though.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I have several, some from Wal-Mart @ $17 and some Battery Tenders @ $35. I keep the vehicles, tractor, riding mower, scooter and trike plugged in 24/7 the year around. You can get extra hookups from Wal-Mart for $3-4 and just plug in when not using...work great...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I had a problem with mine last year. Sent the unit back without the wires to connect to bike. They send a brand new one back to me in package with all wires. They stand behind their product and it is a good one. Get it. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I don't recommend driving over it with a PT Cruiser. It looked a tad bit worse than Fred's. Then it was Bulldog to the rescue!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought a Battery Tender Jr. in 2002 and it went bad this spring (no output). Last week I ordered a new one and this time I'm going to keep track of my receipt. I don't think I should have to buy a new Tender every few years. I bought a new battery from Honda Direct Line last Spring and it went completely dead before I discovered the Tender issue. I haven't ridden a lot this year because of a surgery in February so I hope I don't have to replace the battery again as well.

Bryansong

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You asked about problems using the Battery Tender.

I can only offer two:

1. You will have fewer opportunities to visit your dealer to buy batteries.
2. If you forget to unhook prior to riding away, well you get the picture! If not look at Fred's. They are close!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yea but Fred modifies everything!!! Follow the leader, so am trying to run over mine and keep missing it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts