·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
battery tender has 2 models .. "jr" and "plus" which is better? :?:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I was told that the JR. model works good on smaller motorcyle batteries because of the way it is built.

The plus version is bigger and will handle the batteries in the Wings and autos much better.

I have both and I use the plus on my Wing and truck. I use the JR. model on all of the smaller batteries on my smaller bikes.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D I use the Jr. version on the wing as well works fine. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Battery Minder

I use Battery Minder, a brand you almost never hear about, but I think it's the greatest. It's similar to the Battery Tender Jr. Battery Minder automatically goes into a pulse mode to desulphonate the battery, when the battery is adequately charged. I keep mine attached to the bike with an SAE plug when I'm not riding all year round. My original battery is going strong at 18K miles, with no sign of weakening. Bought my wing 3+ years ago.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I use the battery tender plus. I have it hard wired to where I just plug in the connector that comes out of the side of the cowling. I couldnt ask for a better situation.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have an Accumate brand battery tender. I have a lead wired to the bike battery. I plug in the bike to it whenever I'm not riding. It's solid state and compact in size. Works well for me :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Tender

Researched both and went with the Yuasa, 10 bucks cheaper. Support our board sponsor, but if you already do look around and there are some chargers out there that are close to half the pric and do the same thing, you must have a farm supply place and they have them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Battery Tender

Go to Walmart they have a excellant one for about $17.00. Works great & they give both connectors. One with alligator clips & one that connects directly to the battery. Can not beat the price. Have use it the last year works great.

Barryg1800
01 yellow w/ Uni-Go yellow trailer

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Another alternative is Honda’s which is called Optimate 3. But it won’t beat the Wally World price.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Battery Minder

I use Battery Minder, a brand you almost never hear about, but I think it's the greatest. It's similar to the Battery Tender Jr. Battery Minder automatically goes into a pulse mode to desulphonate the battery, when the battery is adequately charged. I keep mine attached to the bike with an SAE plug when I'm not riding all year round. My original battery is going strong at 18K miles, with no sign of weakening. Bought my wing 3+ years ago.
We use this brand also. Have them for all the toys and all the vehicles.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Battery Tender

Go to Walmart they have a excellant one for about $17.00. Works great & they give both connectors. One with alligator clips & one that connects directly to the battery. Can not beat the price. Have use it the last year works great.

Barryg1800
01 yellow w/ Uni-Go yellow trailer
Yep, I use it on my 2010 and it still has the original battery.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I’ve got several Battery Tender Jr’s. They work well — never let me down in a decade of riding.

For the price, I think the BT Jr’s are your best bet.

If you want something more premium (and are willing to shell out more money) then Optimate and NOCO make some nice models, too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have two Battery Tender Plus units

1 - 20 of 29 Posts