GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I use the battery tender plus. I have it hard wired to where I just plug in the connector that comes out of the side of the cowling. I couldnt ask for a better situation.
me 2

·
Registered
80 Posts
battery tender jr 90% of the time. If I've left it off for a week or more and want to make sure it's done quicker, I'll use the
battery tender plus. I have no documentation or other proof this is best, but this is what I do. For many years.
“This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My motorcycle is my best friend. It is my life."

·
Registered
170 Posts
I second Len's vote - the battery minder. The electronics are much better than other brands. Yes it is more expensive. Do your own research

I use the battery minder maintainer brand also. A far superior product to the battery tender brand. I have 2 model 1510, 2 model 2012 and one 128cec1. The last battery tender plus I used fried a new battery in my tractor. I'll not use their charger products again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It seems like we have two camps, the Battery Tender crowd and the Battery Minder crowd. this reminds me of when I was a kid and my friends would argue whether Fords were better than Chevys :D

One poster stated "do the research". what research? do you mean reviewing the sales literature that each manufacturer puts out ? a sales pitch is no guarantee that their claims are accurate. so how do you confirm (research) the manufacturer's claims ? or do you just trust them because you dropped a pile of cash on their device ?

is the most expensive device the superior performing unit ? do any of you confirm the voltage and amperage output of the device you hooked up to your battery ? how do you confirm that your device "desulfated" your battery? some of the posters are quite emphatic that their device is best. how did you determine that?

I understand that if you had a product malfunction you are unlikely to buy another unit from that brand. Is that the only criteria that matters or are some of you actually testing the output of the unit you bought with a DVM ?

Sure, if your battery lasted a long time you will be inclined to claim that your battery maintainer is the best one out there. I guess if each of us used the same battery brand and model, it would be easier to draw conclusions for those of us trying to decide which unit to buy.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I would recommend a CTEK over a BatteryTender brand. I had both, took a lightning strike to the house, BOTH units protected the bikes, but the CTEK survived, and the BatteryTender didn't.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts