GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to ride for over two months due to surgery, so yesterday I bought a battery tender plus to keep the bike battery topped off until I could ride it again.

My father installed the bike connector and the tender was off and running. About an hour after it started, the green light started flashing indicating an 80% charge. According to the instructions it would show a solid green light when finished.

Awhile later I looked and the plug in the wall outlet was partially out (I guess the wind moved the door and jarred the cord loose from the socket) and the charger lights were off.

I waited over night and when I plugged it back in today , it has stayed solid red (indicating charging) and has not gone back to flashing green, like it did yesterday.

Do I have to reset something because the charge cycle was interrupted? Is there a proper order to connect things up (do you connect the charger to the bike after it's plugged into the wall?) The instructions aren't too clear.

sorry this is so long winded

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
It doesn't matter what steps are taken to connect it. I'm sure if it wasn't plugged in all the way it got as false reading.

Check your connections,plug it back in

W

·
0 Posts
Geeeeeezzzz Boat Driver, sorry about your surgery.
Living in Florida this time of year and can't ride.........that's got'ta suck.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Tender

Connect to battery before you plug into wall.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
And make sure the battery connections are tight.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If its been sitting for 2 months it may take awhile to charge it up. It is a slow charge not a fast charge like with a full size charger (I think). Hope your back riding soon. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
battry tender

like bangladave says. It sometimes can take a couple of days or so to charge a battery. The battery tenders work great . I use them on cars I store for the winter as well as the bikes---Heal up and get ridin' again

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help. I just got a little worried that the green came on yesterday and didn't today. I didn't want to cook the battery.

As far as the riding goes...it does suck! I keep looking outside and seeing great weather but can't do anything about it. Trapped like most of you up north!

I tore my rotator cuff pretty bad and tore the bicep and it looks like months of therapy before I can even begin to think of riding. Meanwhile I keep ordering stuff for the wing for when I can get back on it. (I can't help myself, LOL) My SO says that's worse torture than not being able to ride!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I didn't want to cook the battery.

You won't cook the battery with the battery tender. Excellent piece of equipment. I own 4 and use them everyday on my bikes and lawnmowers. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts