GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried a search but couldn't find this addressed.
I ordered a 130/70-18 rear and they sent me a 130/80-18. Will it fit ok or should I send it back?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
tried a search but couldn't find this addressed.
I ordered a 130/70-18 rear and they sent me a 130/80-18. Will it fit ok or should I send it back?
I am pretty sure there was just a post on here about that size having a clearance problem. I am sure one of the guys with first hand knowledge will reply.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, never thought about searcing "clearance".
I will send it back. I really like the tire; I got 30,000 miles on the old one with no issues.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I thought this was a thread on Mail-Order Brides :)

S

·
0 Posts
I am pretty sure there was just a post on here about that size having a clearance problem. I am sure one of the guys with first hand knowledge will reply.
Send it back as it will only clear the stock fender by 1/8"

I actually run the 120x70 which lets the bike handle just a little nicer at slow speeds.
Keep in mind the bigger the tire the more sluggish it will handle. It's not a big deal just like every other adjustment it's very faint.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Send it back! I worked on my fender and thought I had enough clearance. As speed grows so does the circumference of the tire. I will have to replace my rear front fender when the tire is replaced. 20,000 on it now and it is starting to cup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts