GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to do a BBG (>1500 miles in < 24 hours) Saturday, June 25. I enjoy the Iron Butt rides but I haven't done any serious rides in over a year. For over a year now my longest ride has been the 80 miles to Port Arthur. It is time to see if I can still keep it up, or am I officially over the hill.

Unless something drastic happens before then I plan to leave Woodville, Texas at 1:00 AM Saturday June 25, and ride to Fort Hancock, just east of El Paso. I'll turn around and ride back to Woodville for a total distance of 1,592 miles according to Google Maps.

I selected the 1:00 AM start based upon riding the West Texas deer country west of Kerrville during the daylight. I should be in Kerrville by 6:30 AM and back to Kerrville by 7:30 PM.

I freely admit that I am out of practice and I may not be up to it. If I see I am getting too tired or unsafe, I will stop and call it quits. I'm not too proud to pack it in when necessary.

I'm posting a link to my SPOT tracker if anyone gets bored. If I get to make the ride it should start showing tracks beginning about 1:00 AM Saturday. Wish me luck.

Glen

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=31084e035793c19c4

·
Banned
208 Posts
Good Luck and keep an eye open for Bambi...

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I hope you are staying hydrated, it's 99 in van horn @ 11:45am! Carry on, Glen. I'll keep checking in on you as I take a swimming pool break.:joke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts