GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys been to 306 bbq on hyw 72 in Athens. I hear they have good ribs & brisket is this true. I know it's not better than D.Q. but would be a nice break. Tommy

·
Registered
75 Posts
I eat there pretty often. The ribs are good. Some of the best in the area. Still not as awesome as ribs from Memphis, TN. Casual place to eat and the prices are reasonable. I haven't tried the brisket. My friend likes the bbq chicken and Brunswick stew.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I eat there pretty often. The ribs are good. Some of the best in the area. Still not as awesome as ribs from Memphis, TN. Casual place to eat and the prices are reasonable. I haven't tried the brisket. My friend likes the bbq chicken and Brunswick stew.
Where is your favorite rib shack in Memphis.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
306 BBQ does have good ribs and brisket. Their pork BBQ and catfish is good, too. We also love their potato salad. Since we live in Athens, we eat there several times a year. They will have a second place on I-565 in the old Greenbrier BBQ building soon.

Another good place for great ribs is The Shack located at the corner of Eva Rd. and Hwy 67 just east of Priceville, Al.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
are you selling the bbq? Because this is in the 4sale thread LOL

never mind, it looks like with the new update tapatalk is messed up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and I will be checking 306 out very soon. Also sounds like the rib shack is calling my name. I love finding good bbq joints.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
I forgot to mention that 2 of my favorite places for ribs are BB Perrins BBQ in Decatur, AL and Dreamland BBQ.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I really need to get to Dream land I'v heard good things about it for a while. I am only about 1 hr from Decatur. I will be checking these places out. Thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you ride through Eufaula, AL while tracking South on 431 stop in at Phil's BBQ. Great little place and your meal will be ready for you by the time you draw your tea and sit down.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The wife and I ate there once, nuff said.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Any of you guys been to 306 bbq on hyw 72 in Athens. I hear they have good ribs & brisket is this true. I know it's not better than D.Q. but would be a nice break. Tommy
Never tried 306's ribs & brisket but had their BBQ pork sandwich a few times and liked it.
Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur and Holy Smoke in Hartselle best ribs for me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never tried 306's ribs & brisket but had their BBQ pork sandwich a few times and liked it.
Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur and Holy Smoke in Hartselle best ribs for me.
I have been to Big Bob Gibson's and your right it's great.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Anyone been by the Dirt Road BBQ, 7151 Co Rd 388, Cusseta, AL 36852. BBQ is fair, but the inside is worth taking a look at.....it's lined with 50/60's stuff and many tags.

·
Registered
98 Posts
is there anything to do at orange beach al. in dec. I'll be there on the 20th hoping for nice weather. anyone out riding stop at the fairfield

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I wish you guys would stop talking about good BBQ places to eat at. Here in the Central Valley of CA (Fresno) it's hard to find good bbq and most are big chain restaurants which are so-so. Back in the early 60's I went to Navy training in Millington TN. and we would go into Memphis for good bbq and that spoiled me. Might just be time for a road trip this summer as I have a friend who lives in Savannah TN. :chef2:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wish you guys would stop talking about good BBQ places to eat at. Here in the Central Valley of CA (Fresno) it's hard to find good bbq and most are big chain restaurants which are so-so. Back in the early 60's I went to Navy training in Millington TN. and we would go into Memphis for good bbq and that spoiled me. Might just be time for a road trip this summer as I have a friend who lives in Savannah TN. :chef2:
Road Trip? Did someone say Road Trip? I know a some guys that might take you up on that. Always looking for a good summer road trip.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I live about one hour from Savannah. If you decide to make the trip let me know and I will try and met up with you for a good Tn. meal.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Road Trip? Did someone say Road Trip? I know a some guys that might take you up on that. Always looking for a good summer road trip.
Terry, what's a good road trip without some good eats. The 3 amigos from UT. and myself are still interested in a trip to tour the Carlsbad Caverns.
:chef2:

I live about one hour from Savannah. If you decide to make the trip let me know and I will try and met up with you for a good Tn. meal.

Thanks for the offer and if I head that way I will give you a heads up. :thumbup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Terry, what's a good road trip without some good eats. The 3 amigos from UT. and myself are still interested in a trip to tour the Carlsbad Caverns.
:chef2:

Thanks for the offer and if I head that way I will give you a heads up. :thumbup:

:biker: Just waiting for spring. We are in the dead of winter here, snow in the forecast for the next week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts