GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be around Asheville NC this weekend. Can anyone recommend a place for good BBQ.

Rick

·
Registered
83 Posts
A little east of Asheville is Black Mountain, NC. From the Interstate, head north on NC-9 into Black Mountain. A couple miles up is a dinky but busy little light / intersection (I *think* with US-70). There's an Exxon on the NE corner and little shops the rest of the way around. Turn right. A block or two down the road on the right is a little hole-in-the-wall BBQ place with a couple of picnic tables outside and a fair amount of seating inside.

They make a decent smoked brisket. When it's good (which is most of the time) it's moist and fall-apart-on-the-fork tender. Once or twice I've gotten some from them that was a bit on the dry side, but even then it was mighty tasty. The sides are pretty good, too.

Perry's Barbecue. 400 E. State St. 828.664.1446

There used to be a decent New Orleans restaurant run by a "retired" biker between the light and Perry's. Sadly, it's gone.

When you're done at Perry's, head south on 9 to Lake Lure. It's a fun little ride.

Pax,
MMe

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are in Gatlinburg now. Going to go up the BRP to Asheville then to Chimney Rock and back to Asheville for the night. we will the take a senic route back to Cincy

Thanks for the info

Rick

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunatly(sp?) our only meal time near Asheville was Sunday, Perry's is closed and Fat buddies is only open til 4. We didn't make it to Asheville in time.

DD if you are taking time to answer an insignificant post like this I hope it means that your are feeling better. I hope to See you at the BBQ or Wingstock..

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts