GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why you should be careful while riding through the woods. You never know what will be around the next bend in the road!:22yikes:

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
Is that what's left of Qadaffi's defense force?

Militarize safely.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Watch out

I ran over a raccoon on the way home on the Venture the other morning. Hit him with both wheels. I got down to around 20 or 25 mph before I wacked him and left him flopping in the street. :thumbup:

·
Registered
958 Posts
A man in a jet pack might jump out in front of you?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Lamont Cranston strikes again. (I'm telling my age)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
While waiting for graphics, let me warn everyone to watch for ticks, and if you do get a tick on you and suddenly display flu symptoms, make the doctor test you for Rock Mountain Spotted Fever! It ain't fun when you handle it well, and can be deadly. I lucked out this spring, and my body took it pretty well. Some folks aren't so lucky. Oh yeah, the only state where it has not been identified is Maine.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
While waiting for graphics, let me warn everyone to watch for ticks, and if you do get a tick on you and suddenly display flu symptoms, make the doctor test you for Rock Mountain Spotted Fever! It ain't fun when you handle it well, and can be deadly. I lucked out this spring, and my body took it pretty well. Some folks aren't so lucky. Oh yeah, the only state where it has not been identified is Maine.
Some local bikers camped at a Bike Rally (Monteagle?) in Tn. a few months ago and got ticks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ticks

Some local bikers camped at a Bike Rally (Monteagle?) in Tn. a few months ago and got ticks.
Yep, ticks are bad in TN, I have a bunch of folks up there and you have to check yourself for ticks all the time. :nojoke:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ive come around the bend in a wooded area and seen the exact same thing. I came close to losing control of the bike. The fog was thick just like that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Still waiting to see what you saw in the woods? On the subject of ticks, when I walk my dog on Ft Campbell I get ticks pretty regularly. There are a lot of them there!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
A Bobcat will run from the woods into the crash bar of your bike and die.....
This happened Thursday afternoon while riding with William McGee. We carried it home to be mounted....

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bobcat

A Bobcat will run from the woods into the crash bar of your bike and die.....
This happened Thursday afternoon while riding with William McGee. We carried it home to be mounted....

Be careful the cat may have Zombie ticks now!:eek:4:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
This is why you should be careful while riding through the woods. You never know what will be around the next bend in the road!:22yikes:

Yeah, I almost hit one of them once.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Playing in the woods, Funny, well it is funny now, was not so funny at the time. :lol:

The equation is a cute girl, a motorcycle and a lazy afternoon ride that turns to other thoughts.

Ever hear of chiggers ???

Those things just about ate me up. :lol::lol: Calamine lotion, hot baths, kerosene mixed with turpentine, nothing stops those things. They burrow in and hold on. Lol!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts