GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might remember, I asked a while ago if now would be a good time to list my bike for sale. I'd been thinking about selling in the spring, but thought there might not be a good reason to wait.
By asking the question, I received a PM from one of the members here, who has a friend that might be in the market for a bike like mine. I contacted him, and we arranged for him to come look at the bike. He liked it enought to pay me cash for it, and headed back north this morning.
They're really nice people, and prominent in their riding club, so I'm sure she'll be treated well, but I have to admit it, I felt a twinge when I saw her go around the corner at the end of the block.
It's been great hanging out with y'all, but I don't really have a reason to be here any more. Enjoy yourselves, and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
May you have fair winds and following seas wherever life takes you.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silverback, what color 07 are you going to get ?
Yeah. Or what, if anything else, are you getting to replace it?
I've had too many close calls lately with cages not paying attention to be comfortable like I used to be. I won't be getting any '07's, or any other bike for that matter. I'm looking at getting into a little red convertible, where I can still have some of the fun of the open air, and a little more safety.

Don't let my sudden wave of mortality dampen your fun. I brought some of the close calls on myself by trusting cages too much, and I took chances I shouldn't have taken. I had a great run with that bike, but my time was up and I knew it.

S

·
0 Posts
Well SB, I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do... but can you say REAL LOW ?...

A sports car that is . , and you thought "they" couldn't see a Wing :)

Good Luck !

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
SB
A man has to know his limitations, right??? I respect you decision as a man...some people don't ever make the right choice and hurt themselves or someone else.....good luck in whatevey you buy....

right off the bat, a 62 Corvette comes to mind, or a 32 Ford, 3 window coup, or a 67 Mustang, Bulllet style.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in the drop tops, any vette, 67 Camero, 66 Mustang, wait I know

a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible, wait, only three left, might be a little pricy, but hey, it's only money, right??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Be safe.. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
OK cager, please watch out for us still out their in the world... have fun. like a little red corvette. so the song goes...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good luck in future ventures SB. Just because your not on a wing doesn't mean ya can't stop in and say hi once in a while. Some great guys and gals here and noone ( hope) will hold a grudge against you your choice to do what is right for you. Lot of great little red (or any other color for that matter) little sports cars out there. I have a few that come to mind :) Good luck in whatever you end up with.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Reconsider the red color. I've heard that red autos have a higher incidence of crashes?? It might be worth investigation, to avoid the hassle of repair/injury, if, it's a valid statistic?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
cage

Try the Honda S2000 convertable. sweet

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Anybody catch the auction in Scottsdale this weekend??

Carrol Shelby's personal Cobra went for $5,500,000. Bidding started at $500,000, and little interest. Then all hedes broke loose and the "fat cats" came out of hiding. Set a new record. Way above expectations prior to the bidding.

Now Silverback, that would be a nice little unit for ya. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah I bought a Miata nice, but then a FJ1200. It goes around, I have had 38 wrecks on bikes over the years, now I just try to be a little more careful.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
jpwpar said:
... I have had 38 wrecks on bikes over the years, now I just try to be a little more careful.
:22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts