GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you get on your wing on the weekend, is your objective to eat or ride ?

Seems like almost every time someone calls it goes something like.."Well, I thought we'd ride over to so and so's restaurant for dinner."

Granted, it's usually 200 miles or so miles to dinner, but the riding is always secondary.

Sometimes we go that far for Ice Cream.

Nobody ever wants to just go ride. Now don't get the idea that I don't like groceries, but why do we plan our rides this way ?

When you ride all day it's a fact that you are going to stop and and take nourishment, but it seems like we can't start the engine before the dinner plans are made.

Is this normal ?

God,I hope so.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. So when are we going to go eat?:joke:;);) Kit

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
To ride. I figure on eating anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Nothing wrong with both. We usually are out long enought that we need food.
But mostly for the ride, you can eat anytime.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Not for me. I do go to lunch runs to see all the good folks here on the board. But when I ride for myself I usually don't have a eating place in mind. If one I like is in the horizon at 12:00 or so I will stop. I have eaten at the same place I get gas a lot of time. Food isn't much but quick.

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Most of our weekend rides just start out with a general direction to go. We will ride until we get hungry, well...usually, well always, I get hungry first, then we look for a place to eat. Not usually the point of the ride to find some place to dine, but we have discovered many nice places on our rides.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not for me. I do go to lunch runs to see all the good folks here on the board. But when I ride for myself I usually don't have a eating place in mind. If one I like is in the horizon at 12:00 or so I will stop. I have eaten at the same place I get gas a lot of time. Food isn't much but quick.
Agree...and great idea with your sig, copying that momentarily.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Lots of times i will go out for a ride by myself. It is usually with a group that wants to stop for food. i make sure that i stop at least once an hour or two and ususally to have something to drink :popcorn::beer8::capwin::chicken::chef2::eat2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
For me it is the ride. I will stop to eat when something looks good and my belly tells me to fill up. Can be as simple as gas station deli, or a sit down meal. All depends on location and options. Lots of my longer rides are going somewhere, home, parents, family, and the destination may be 10-12 hours away, but the eating habits are the same. Get hungry, stop when something looks good enough to stop at.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Having a GPS fixes that problem for me. When hunger gnaws, I stop, gas up, and consult the GPS wizard " points of interest" :"food": ALL:coffee1::nearest :?: then scroll till something looks good. :eat1::eat2::1st:

Unless, I am going to a specific Lunch run.

Get Well Bev!!:yes1: ..........Don

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
1. Figure out a good place to eat.
2. Find the longest, twistiest way to get there.
3. Eat
4. Take the longest way possible home.
5. Repeat as often as necessary.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
To eat ... just saturday we rode 370 miles round trip to eat at the Shell station in Cameron Lousiana.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts