GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first Goldwing on Jan 30, 2013. I had the dealer paint the sides of the fairing the same color as the bike. I think the 2011's were that way. I also had them install Kuryakan Floor boards with heel/toe shifter, matching comfort highway pegs, and a luggage rack.

I ordered the new Ergomot X electric windshield to replace the stock one about a week later. The install went fairly easy. The instructions were good, It took about 3 hrs to do and I was taking my time. I'm still looking for a good product that works like rainex but won't harm plastic.

Also installed at purchase were fog lights and a CB radio.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FIRST SERVICE 3600 miles

I had the dealer change the oil at 3600 miles. I also had them check the valves and ECU settings to see if they could solve the hesitation when cold issue. They were able to recreate the hesitation but said it was normal. I have since just kept the rpms up for the first couple of miles and have not had any issues since.

They also checked for a slow leak in the front tire. Said they couldn't find anything but it has not leaked since.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Purchased my first Goldwing on Jan 30, 2013. I had the dealer paint the sides of the fairing the same color as the bike. I think the 2011's were that way. I also had them install Kuryakan Floor boards with heel/toe shifter, matching comfort highway pegs, and a luggage rack.

I ordered the new Ergomot X electric windshield to replace the stock one about a week later. The install went fairly easy. The instructions were good, It took about 3 hrs to do and I was taking my time. I'm still looking for a good product that works like rainex but won't harm plastic.
No 2011 models out there. Anyway you now have a bike that looks like a 2013 or 2014, :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Electronics/communication

THIS PART IS THE REAL STORY.

HEADSETS I got helmet headsets from J&M as recommended by the dealer. I'm not real impressed with the sound quality but they are ok. At this writing, I have gone thru 2 lower cords. Not impressed with J&M quality at all. In fact at this point, a year aftrnoon the original purchase, I avoid all J&M products like the plague.

INTERCOM I tried it everyway I could think and as others have suggested but it is pretty much worthless. Noisy lots of interference, and makes the CB useless for sending. I have turned it off and do not use it.

GPS INTEGRATION. As many, I found the OEM GPS to be lacking in so I installed a Zumo 660 GPS. I used this gps on my previous bike, an HD SE Ultra, it worked great, integrated to the bike's system using an interface from Kennedy Technology. Integration with the wing is very illusive.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
check with cruiseman ???????????? was post about month ago on redoing ecm ? WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP HESITATION. CHECK WITH PETE BIKEMP3 ON J+M ISSUE. I WENT WITH SENNA BLUETOOTH - NO MORE CORDS - SOMEONE ELSE POSTED LAST WEEK ON HOW TO RUN THRU BIKES ELECTRONICS - GOOD LUCK !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts