GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my wife and I took a nice weekend trip to Pennsylvania. At one point we were on a nice quiet two lane road when we spotted a bear cub. He was less than knee high and very curious about us. We watched him for about 10 minutes while my wife took quite a few pictures and this two minute video. He was on the right side of the road when we first stopped. He then crossed the road about ten steps behind the bike and that is where the video starts. After the video he walked back behind the bike, crossed the road and disappeared into the brush. I'm guessing he's only been on his own for a few months now since momma has some new cubs to take care of. We don't have bear in Ohio where I live, so I was happy to see this little guy so curious. It was probably a once in a lifetime encounter....
Here is the link because I don't know how to put the actual video from YouTube on this page. Of you know how, feel free to do so and maybe explain how to do it.
Thanks!

Watch "Bear cub" on YouTube
Bear cub: http://youtu.be/di-3eUGINsU

Kurt

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
he was probably just curious as momma already told him to watch out for them wngers ;) nice video. mother nature is great to see when unexpected and pure .:bow:

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
he was probably just curious as momma already told him to watch out for them wngers ;) nice video. mother nature is great to see when unexpected and pure .:bow:
I'm glad Mama Bear didn't storm out of the bushes to protect the cub as is too often the case with such encounters.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looked like it had a "Tag in it's right ear.

Those little fellows can be very dangerous as well. Apparently it did not feel threatened at all.

We have bears all around us, all the time other than hibernation time.

They make great "Sauerbrauten", especialy the younguns....LOL

To us they are a menace and a pain in the back yard!

Glad you got to see it. I think I heard a little tension in the Lady's voice.....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
682 Posts
Is your bike black ? Maybe he was trying to figure out what you did to his mama . when he laid down on the side of the road it looks like he went into a submission mode .

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looked like it had a "Tag in it's right ear.

Those little fellows can be very dangerous as well. Apparently it did not feel threatened at all.

We have bears all around us, all the time other than hibernation time.

They make great "Sauerbrauten", especialy the younguns....LOL

To us they are a menace and a pain in the back yard!

Glad you got to see it. I think I heard a little tension in the Lady's voice.....LOL

Bulldog
In Ontario, the tag means that the bear has been trapped once as a nuisance bear. The next time he is trapped, he gets a 2nd tag in the other ear. The third time, the tag goes in the centre of the forehead and is usually lead.

·
Registered
529 Posts
In Ontario, the tag means that the bear has been trapped once as a nuisance bear. The next time he is trapped, he gets a 2nd tag in the other ear. The third time, the tag goes in the centre of the forehead and is usually lead.
Maybe that's a remedy to solve the worlds crime problems...:twisted::joke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts