GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Friend of mine just tried Beartooth a couple days in a row and was turned back at the Top of The World place. BIG snow fall last winter has all rockies pretty snow packed. He also said some places in Yellowstone were not reachable due to snow.

We are headed there in two weeks, but here in Colorado having some pretty hot days and the snow pack melting fast. So we hope it is clear and good to go. Staying in Cody for a week over the 4th. Will try to run Beartooth and Chief Joseph three days in a row.

Two years ago I was up there on June 16th and snow was 20 feet over my head on the sides of the pass. But the road is all new now and looking forward to a great ride and some incredible VIDEO!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It was 19* when we were up there. Dang cold!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Beartooth Highway was closed a few days ago due to the snow on the sides of the road was falling on the road. I hope to ride Beartooth next Weds or Thurs if the weather is good, if not I'll have to wait a while. I have driven in it my car a few times but never on the Wing.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Friend of mine just tried Beartooth a couple days in a row and was turned back at the Top of The World place. BIG snow fall last winter has all rockies pretty snow packed. He also said some places in Yellowstone were not reachable due to snow.

We are headed there in two weeks, but here in Colorado having some pretty hot days and the snow pack melting fast. So we hope it is clear and good to go. Staying in Cody for a week over the 4th. Will try to run Beartooth and Chief Joseph three days in a row.

Two years ago I was up there on June 16th and snow was 20 feet over my head on the sides of the pass. But the road is all new now and looking forward to a great ride and some incredible VIDEO!
DR J,

3 of us, two bikes and a trike (all red) will be there the 28 through the 30th; we are staying in Cooke City. Give a wave.

Jim

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
DR J,

3 of us, two bikes and a trike (all red) will be there the 28 through the 30th; we are staying in Cooke City. Give a wave.

Jim
Will Do, we're on two white wings and we'll be with another winger and a Connie!

Dr Jim, I will be staying in Cody on July 5 on the way to Yellowstone. Maybe I will run into ya. (not literally)
SEE you there, two white wings (in the pics below)!!!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Been up there when there was snow - but NOT THAT much! :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
DR J,

Jim
While you're in Cooke City,be sure and try the pastry place right beside the Super 8.
She makes a real good breakfast too.:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
While you're in Cooke City,be sure and try the pastry place right beside the Super 8.
She makes a real good breakfast too.:coffee1:
Thanks, had not heard of that one but, for as small as Cooke City is, I have heard of a couple of supposedly good places to dine in the area.

Will check it out, always up for good eats......

·
Registered
6 Posts
dr jim and bingle 50

I will be looking for you as I will be in Cooke city as will. We will arriving on Sunday the 27th will be there until friday except for wednesday when we are going down to the Gran Tetons and staying down there. Hopefully will be trying Beartooth and cheif Joseph sometime that week.We are staying at the super 8 in Cooke city. there will be 4 of us 2 wings and 2 harleys. I will be riding a yellow trike. If you see us give a wave.

Hope to see ya

1 - 15 of 15 Posts