GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We often stay in Bed & Breakfast's and Home Style Inns on our Goldwing trips. This is a B&D that had a recent fire caused by a candelabra in the dining room.

Six died !

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, that was in New Ulm, Mn. A real tragedy for sure. Three of the dead were the owner and her two children and the other three they believe were out of town guests that haven't been identified.

·
Registered
297 Posts
candlwhata?

Liberwhoche? Didnt he die about 3 decades ago? And what the Hell is a Bobesches?? :shock:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Liberwhoche? Didnt he die about 3 decades ago? And what the Hell is a Bobesches?? :shock:
the round plate like thing under the candle used to catch the dripping wax

I am sure members of this board can come up with alternate definitions of a "bobesche"...some may not be printable however :lol:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Where's the member who always writes, "that's just gay."

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
So what's the "Beware" for? Ain't nobody gonna be stayin there anymore. :shrug:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two of the guests that died were from Wi and one was from Ne. According to interviews of survivors they did hear smoke detectors working. The house just went up in a matter of minutes.

This fire actually took place in early July.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Always look to see if they place you are staying in has sprinklers in addition to smoke and CO2 detectors. If it don't, I won't.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
coincidence

Two of the guests that died were from Wi and one was from Ne. According to interviews of survivors they did hear smoke detectors working. The house just went up in a matter of minutes.

This fire actually took place in early July.

Now this cracked me up. "Matches" knew the details.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That building of the B&B was not licensed for guests to be in, and as such it was never inspected by the fire marshal. That B&B has multiple buildings at that location.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts