GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the forum... I guess it's been 2 yaron since I've posted anything on the forum. Have been busy with life and, death and taxes. Thot I'd stop and say "Howdy" from the Great Smoky Mtns. Lin and I have the same "ole" Wing-a-bago" and it still has a CT on it, so I guess I'm still "legal" here!!!! Did a quick scan for some of the old-timers on the DS board, Trialsman, Slow Joe, TommyGunn and didn't see them. Hope they are still with us. Will watch the board a bit closer from now on:coffee1:. Take care. Semper-fi Mike

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Welcome back. How's things in 10-C? :thumbup:

Been a while since I've been to Cades Cove.

Corventure Dave

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
...Did a quick scan for some of the old-timers on the DS board, Trialsman, Slow Joe, TommyGunn and didn't see them.
Hey, Mike! Good to see you posting here again. Maybe we can ride together sometime soon since I've finally retired and moved to east Tennessee. I live in Apison, just outside Chattanooga. Hope we can get together. Glad you are doing well.

As for trialsman, he sold his Wing last year and has quit riding because of back problems. Sorry to see him stop riding, but we do get together for lunch every now and then. TommyGunn does not post here any more as he rides his BMWs much more than his Wing. Don't know if he still owns his Wing.

Now, Slow Joe is still around. He and Dee are alive and well in Cartersville.

Re-aquaint safely.

PS. Took a trip thru Ducktown, Field of the Woods, Brasstown, NC, Hiawassee, GA, and Clayton, GA, with my wife, brother and sister-in-law last week. We were in the cage, though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coventure Dave, we're in Murphy, NC but do regularly get to 10 - and Cades Covr. Matterfactly...we we be heading to CC in June when my brother comes down from R.I.
Bob, good to hear from you!! Congrats on your retirement and thanks for taking care of the troops. Funny thing...I write this in the dentists waiting room to get my teeth cleaned in Andrews!!!! So sorry to hear Paul had to sell the scoot. Didn't know he was having back prolems. Good to hear super-sized Joe us still riding as is Tommy. I may have to slide across the mountain to Franklin to the gathering!! I do get to train - town ever-so-often...may have to look you up. Take care an keep the dirty - side down!!! Semper-fi. Mike

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Can you hear me now? Mike rode on one of my Wingstock rides. CTs were just getting started. Mike had one on his bike and I asked him how it handled. We had stopped at a store for a break. He told me when we head back out, just take his bike. Dang man, that's a lot of trust. Wondered where you were hiding.:lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Hey ,hey hey , glad to read things are going good for ya now . Your are alway welcome here .
Enjoy the best roads in the USA . I am jealous .

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Many Moons

WELCOME back, I'm sure there are many new members since you were last on the forum. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm "welcome-back". It has been a while!!! Back in the day when the whole CT thing got going on the Wings, (it really started when the soldiers came back from WWII and couldn't find scooter tires, then the chopper boys did it in the 60's), we had very few choices...the Conti RF, the Kuhmo RF. The Kuhmo was a great tire. I basically use NRF's now with the BattlAx on point. I guess there are beau-coux choices now!!
Hey Joe, good to hear from you!!! I remember the ride AND the rain!!!! You are welcome to ride the 'ole 'Wing-a-bago" anytime!!! Tell Dee I was asking for her....made some fantastic brownies!!! Take care my friend. Let me know if you get up this way....we'll share some wind...goes for any of ya'll. Semper-fi. Mike

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
:roll::roll::roll: theres a darkside rte in franklin middle may and smri in bryson city in june . hope to meet ya at one !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts