GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But here is a cool project I been busy with along with current owner . He will not sell it to me yet . But not for me not trying . Kawi 125 motor in a 71 Rokon 2wd bike . It's gonna be a monster when finished . Working on making exhaust currently .

So now is it clear as to why I been slacking here ? It's my passion for all things motorcycle that drive me !!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Why heck I didn't know you needed more projects. Let me look around to see what I can find. Does it have to be cycle related?

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does it have to be cycle related?

Well only if you want my heart and soul in it. But will work on anything for cash ,just sayin. Or whatever Betty wants ( kitchen is good example )

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good to see your not just sitting and staring at the snow :)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to see your not just sitting and staring at the snow :)
And snow we got this year , wow . Up to my knees in back yard now . I cannot even keep up getting trials course clear to practice . . More inches coming Sunday they say after 6" today ....ARG !! I am starting to dislike winter alittle ..

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rokon has more Japan parts on it than any other bike I ever built . Yamaha tri moto seat, Honda 250 ATV tank , Kawasaki 125 , and Suzuki 185 ATV bars and controls . . Quite a frankenbike . But runs great and should be plenty reliable. Tearing down to paint frame this weekend and finish exhaust . Should be up and finished in a couple of weeks . :wink2:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
And snow we got this year , wow . Up to my knees in back yard now . I cannot even keep up getting trials course clear to practice . . More inches coming Sunday they say after 6" today ....ARG !! I am starting to dislike winter alittle ..
Some day you will see the light and join with the force and Hate Snow.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This may help explain why I got involved in this project . That and I really want to buy it when it's finished and He gets bored with it . :wink2:0:)

Reactions: BigBob1

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Rokons and I go way way back.

My Dad was a dealer in the 60s and 70s when I was growing up.

I sold off the last 3 restorations I did to buy my goldwing a few years ago. I had them hanging from the ceiling in my garage.

That’s me riding on the back with my dad through the water probably back in ‘69 or so.

That’s me in the sand dunes Near Yuma on the left. Notice no ATCs or other machines out there in the dunes back then .... not even any tire tracks..... today it would be a traffic jam.

That’s me in 1969 with my new 1969 Honda Z50 mini trail.

Tons of fun times with those out here in the west.

Enjoy your Rokoning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rokons and I go way way back.

My Dad was a dealer in the 60s and 70s when I was growing up.

I sold off the last 3 restorations I did to buy my goldwing a few years ago. I had them hanging from the ceiling in my garage.

That’s me riding on the back with my dad through the water probably back in ‘69 or so.

That’s me in the sand dunes Near Yuma on the left. Notice no ATCs or other machines out there in the dunes back then .... not even any tire tracks..... today it would be a traffic jam.

That’s me in 1969 with my new 1969 Honda Z50 mini trail.

Tons of fun times with those out here in the west.

Enjoy your Rokoning.
That's awesome and I am so seroiusly jealous .

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're still in business:

https://www.rokon.com/
Indeed, and so many models now there is one for everyone :laugh:
I honestly think they are $1000 over priced personally . But I have only have test rode a new one for about 10 mins a several years ago . Maybe when we get our FrankenRokon is done and I get more time on it playin I may change my mind . Bear in mind I live next to a swamp connected to a huge wildlife refuge . Kinda perfect Rokon stomping grounds .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Indeed, and so many models now there is one for everyone :laugh:
I honestly think they are $1000 over priced personally . But I have only have test rode a new one for about 10 mins a several years ago . Maybe when we get our FrankenRokon is done and I get more time on it playin I may change my mind . Bear in mind I live next to a swamp connected to a huge wildlife refuge . Kinda perfect Rokon stomping grounds .
Well you certainly need one. I mean you don't have one...yet!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts