GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first pic was how it looked Tuesday eve and the second is today after appx 500 miles Saturday and today with the Traxxion suspension, taperered steering bearings and Platinum Driving lights. It handles and rides like a different bike. The wobble is gone, before you could feel it at times with both hands on. I really love the feel of it now. 2004 with 27k never had a wobble till about 26k. After installing the bearings torqued them to 35, worked back and forth and left at 24, lowered the forks 10mm but am thinking of putting them back up flush as I feel riding with the back set at 0 ( comprared to 15 were I rode before) the rear is slightly higher than the front was before. Driving lights are set to be on with brights but I will go back and fix them where they can be on with brights or dim. I learn most all the fixes for issues from this board and appreciate any tips or info.
John

·
Registered
97 Posts
And I thought my bike was naked yesterday after just removing a few pieces of plastic!!
You must live in a bad neighborhood to have to pack just working on your ride.
Glad to here you are happy with the improvements. :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
John, WOW! galewing

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Even Fred H would be impressed with that!! A WoWser for sure!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ha! Looks like John got a new set of tools for Christmas
and just couldn't stop until he'd used them all at least once. :lol: :lol:
Hey John,
Thanks for the comment about the "feel" of having the tubes dropped 10mm.
I rode the bike a hundred miles with the tubes at the original factory height
and then when I took it apart for accessories I dropped the tubes 10mm also.
But the winter Wx has been so bad I haven't even tried to put the bike together
to test the results. Now I'll remember to watch for that "feel".
DC

Hey Fred H., if you're watching this, what's your opinion on having the tubes dropped 10mm?
DC

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW!! , seeing that picture of you reminded me of the ruff neighborhood I grew up in. Where seeing a vehicle getting stripped by someone with a gun was normal :lol: .......(true stroy)
Congrats on the upgrades, I too am riding an 04 and have never experienced a wobble. Just got back an hour ago from a 300+ mile ride and paid extra attention to the feel since the front tire has a little over 8000 miles on it and is showing signs of needing replaced. So far so good

·
Registered
6 Posts
KA7W said:
Must be a rough neighborhood to have to pack heat in your own garage !!

JMHO 8)
In my old 'hood, I used to mow the yard wearing a shoulder rig. Never ever had any problems with the punks on my block...unlike the rest of my neighbors :lol:

G

·
Take a look at the picture of the bike in the garage with the lights on. The background sure doesn't look like a rough neighborhood to me.

Maybe John just got back from some trigger time at the range. Or maybe there is a rabid dog on the loose. Or maybe he just likes to pack. :lol:

Works for me. Ride safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts