GL1800Riders Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 126 of 126 Posts
There sure is an awful lot arrogance and ignorance on this thread.
I guess one is not allowed to have an opinion unless it agrees with some of those on this forum.
I read a lot of good criticism as well as some good ideas, not so good ideas and counter thoughts. But way too many outright attacks for no reason other than outright arrogance and ignorance.

Discussion starter · #122 ·
There sure is an awful lot arrogance and ignorance on this thread.
I guess one is not allowed to have an opinion unless it agrees with some of those on this forum.
I read a lot of good criticism as well as some good ideas, not so good ideas and counter thoughts. But way too many outright attacks for no reason other than outright arrogance and ignorance.

Thick skin is needed on Internet Web Sites. Just got to let it run off your back like Water on a Duck's Back! Not to say it doesn't pile up from time to time! But there are allot of Good People on this Board, allot of them don't post much anymore, I miss em! I have met and rode with hundreds of people from this board, and when meeting Face to Face, there is not any attacks, just good times!

Discussion starter · #124 ·
Currently, I'm on a road trip and have put 6k on my Traxxionized bike in 7 days so far (as of a few minutes ago) and many of those miles where in various mountain ranges all over the country. I've done three 1500+ mile days in that time and will do a 1000+ mile day tomorrow. I use what I buy and try my best to push it and exploit problems (a hobby within a hobby). So far, so good. Even towing a heavily-loaded trailer in the process, I believe Bubba1 and Txrider will vouch for the bike's abilities in the corners at speed. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295000

Win, lose or draw...the right thing to do is give a vendor (any vendor) a chance to remedy a situation before taking a dig at him/her on a public forum. If not, make sure you've got everything you need for your bike. Don't forget, RaceTech is not immune to being tarred with the same brush.

If this is an attempt to start a shade-tree business, try doing it on your own merit. Personally, if I were a vendor and saw what the OP posted about Traxxion, I believe I would refrain from selling him an anvil, much less, something with moving parts.

Z

Might I clear up a couple of things that part of your post brings out??

Sounds like your on a awesome trip with some long miles. I myself Love the Long Distance Riding! The HEAVY loaded Wing I rode back from Alaska for a fellow member had the Progressive System that was built by Galute, I brought the bike back 3897 miles in less than 72 hours when I parted ways with the rest of the Group in Dawson City Yukon, the suspension worked flawlessly pulling a HEAVY trailer loaded down for everything you could encounter in Alaska. This is part of my point I was attempting to make, it does not take allot of Money to get a Good Suspension that will preform like yours and what was on mine.

Second, there is no agenda on my part of attempting to start a Shade Tree Buisness, I have helped hundreds of Wing Owners Wrench on thier Bikes to Help Save them Money, my post was just one that I should have wrote three years ago.

It sure has ruffled Feathers, but I just chalk that up with what it is like in this day and time on Web Sites, people seem to have lost the ability to Agree to Disagree, the slinging of words starts. I never meant for my post to become so Argumentive. It was simply stating my 2 cents on what I did, the Mistake that I felt I made, and to shed light on another alternative. If people can read into it some Agenda, then so be it! I stand on my own Two Feet, and have no Guilt. I said I would not defend my post and look at me now! LOL Buy what you all want, ride what you all want, just know that there is other choices. I am outta here again on a Bike Trip Myself. Goodluck, Rick

That's about 99% of it - if the sheep run in a certain direction you better go with them or be trampled.
thats absolutely true and pretty much the same on every forum. I think because its faceless!!!!!!! :eek:4:Wow I think thats how the whole country works. Been fighting the sheep forever and trying to wake up the thinking process in them that is dormant. "They" usually dont like it when you entice them into an independent thought.

I have been reading the posts for the past few days and I have an observation. While most vendors give the option of posting reviews I can't seem to find any feedback on Traxxion's site.

I know that when I purchase a product from a vendor and if there is a place to state a review; good or bad, I will state my opinion of whether or not I was satisfied with the product and if the product performed as advertised.

I can only conclude that like a lot of smaller companies that are currently catering to niche markets such as this group, they mostly rely on word of mouth to get noticed through mediums like message boards and social media websites (Facebook, etc.) So wouldn't some negativity be expected?

Bashing someone for writing a bad review of a product to me is ridiculous. I don't however, agree with the title of the review. There are more diplomatic ways of getting one's point across without sounding crass. I didn't read anywhere that Traxxion is a bad company, or that they don't offer a great buy back policy, or that Max is a horrible person and a bad businessman. What I read was that Rick doesn't feel that he cost involved was not worth the product received.

Honestly, in speaking with people face to face who have done the Traxxion upgrade, Rick isn't the first I've heard the comparison. There are at least a handful of people out there who do say that it is overpriced relative to the result and that they were expecting something different from what they got (something more). What that "more" is? I don't know. Checking the front tires to see how far they lean the bike, it's no wonder. I am not saying Rick doesn't ride his bike to his full potential, I just don't know him, nor have I seen him ride.

What I do know is how I ride, and how hard I throw my bike through the turns and twisty's. I also know that I would love more ground clearance from my bike to give me the ability to run faster through the turns without scraping hard parts on the bike. In my opinion, the only way to achieve that to my liking, is by upgrading to the Traxxion suspension. Speaking with Racetech (at Americade) and professional motorcycle technicians, based on my riding style, and what they know about me, they all agree that I should be riding on Traxxion.

Unfortunately at this time, Traxxion is not a viable option financially so I'll be saving my pennies for that time when I can get it done. The bike is only a year old and has 24,000 miles so I'm hoping to get it done in the next 12 months. Meanwhile, I welcome reading the reviews, good and bad. You just need to keep an open mind when reading them and realize that not everybody rides the same so the results will be different for everybody.

Ride safe~Ron

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.