GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because i don't want to hijack the tread "csc driveshaft", i started this topic........
Wayne, jeeeezzzz.....:wrong:, you are all meeting in september 9 with the trikers over there, i fly back to Belgium on the 9th, damn............:banghead:

I am in Tennessee from the 1st thil the 5th i believe, must check planning !! going to the biggest Rune rally over there, staying in the holliday inn over there....:thumbup:
Are you from that area, or is it possible to meet some guy's @ trike traders, some day's after the rally...:?:. would love to meet you guy's :excited:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wing67, what part of TN. are you going to be in ? Maybe some of us Tennesseans can meet with you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wingman, the Rune rally is in Erwin, it's a yearly event over there, we stay in the holliday inn..:yes1:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Stefan, we live in middle Tennessee, just outside Nashville, about 323 miles (4.5 hrs) from Erwin, TN. Erwin sits at the foot of the Appalachians in NE Tennessee. Wish we could ride over there to meet you but we've got things to do about that time for the CBTC get-together. Is someone there arranging for you to obtain a trike, or two-wheeler? Just wondering!

Rex, Erwin, TN is around 323 miles (5.5 hrs.) from Fayettville.

Stefan, have a great trip. From Erwin, you're going to be only a hop-skip-and a jump away from Doug and Shaun, those "Trike Trader" guys in Alfred, FL ; about 669 miles (11 hrs).

Fly and ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi Wayne,
Yes there are two bike's ready for me, a GL1800, and a Rune, both from a member from the Runeboard, isn't that awsome .........:thumbup:

First we fly in to Miami (try to go to Miami ink), next is Key-West, (also visiting sloppy joe's), next Florida, to the nice board member that invited me over there, next day to Erwin, for five day's to enjoy the rally, after that Daytona (speedway), next day cape canavaral to see the shuttle (this was my fathers dream to see this one, he was also a airplane pilot, but he past away on sept. 5 2001, and burried on the 11 sept. 2001 (D-day) so he will see the shuttle through my eyes) and then to Orlando, sea world, next day visit Trike traders and going back to Florida to my friend, and the next day back to Miami to fly back to Belgium.......:?

Iff there are outher places you should think, go see that over there, let me know, we can take a look @ it....:p

So, if there is someone in any of these areas, i would like to shake some hands over there......;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Stefan, look like you’ve got a great itinerary planned. You’re hitting all the great Florida icons. You’re going to really enjoy the beautiful areas surrounding Erwin. Sounds like this one might just be a “trip of a lifetime”.

Say “Hi” to Doug and Shaun for me when you get to the “Trike Traders”.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that"s correct, the trip off my lifetime, i will say hellow from Wayne ......:thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Eating out in key west

Make sure you try BLUE HEAVEN Restaurant in KEY WEST, breakfast is great, try the BANANA PANCAKES, dinner is great, soups are fresh made, I enjoy the Carrot Soup! mmmmmmmmmmm:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Bob, I know you intended you advice for Stefan but Donna and I have scheduled a trip for the Keys, after the first of the year. We're going to ride down to northern end of Florida, by concrete, and then head east to catch HWY 1 and follow it to the Keys. We did this a few years ago and put it in our "bucket list" of trips to take a second time. We'll check out the Blue Heaven.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure you try BLUE HEAVEN Restaurant in KEY WEST, breakfast is great, try the BANANA PANCAKES, dinner is great, soups are fresh made, I enjoy the Carrot Soup! mmmmmmmmmmm:thumbup:
Thanks for the Tip ....:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the Tip ....:thumbup::thumbup:
Place was a former bordello and has a real Island feel including chickens walkin about, you will Love, prices are moderate, not too bad for a regular guy!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are there also outher places that i can put on my "to do" list, someone told me, iff you go to the key, you must go to "sloppy joe's", so that's also on the "to do" list..:yes1:

·
Registered
197 Posts
are there also outher places that i can put on my "to do" list, someone told me, iff you go to the key, you must go to "sloppy joe's", so that's also on the "to do" list..:yes1:
Excellent if you drive out to key west stop on BIG PINE KEY AND ask someone for directions to the "NO NAME CAFE" on no name key, best homemade pizza ever! cool biker hang out:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Stephan,

Wish you could make it up to Woodbourne NY. We could share a Jupiler or a Stella (yuk).

I lived in Mons, Ath and Charleois. I was a Gilles in Morlanwelz for 10 years.

We could share some of my History and I could learn some of yours.

I loved the Belgian People, culture, cuisine and naturally the beer.

Vive le Belge! Et bonne Chance a votre visit dans le paye Etat Unis!

Bulldog

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent if you drive out to key west stop on BIG PINE KEY AND ask someone for directions to the "NO NAME CAFE" on no name key, best homemade pizza ever! cool biker hang out:thumbup:
thanks for the pizza place, we will pass over there after middag, so i am gonna look it up, how to ride.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stephan,

Wish you could make it up to Woodbourne NY. We could share a Jupiler or a Stella (yuk).

I lived in Mons, Ath and Charleois. I was a Gilles in Morlanwelz for 10 years.

We could share some of my History and I could learn some of yours.

I loved the Belgian People, culture, cuisine and naturally the beer.

Vive le Belge! Et bonne Chance a votre visit dans le paye Etat Unis!

Bulldog
Hi Bulldog, i am from the up side from Belgium, the flemish side, in the east, so i don't read or speak frensch...., but the beers you mentioned, i know verry well........:yes1::beer8::capwin:
I think i will have a good thime over there in the U.S., hope the weather is better than the rain over here.....:doorag:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guy's, i'm back from the U.S.
Whe have a good thime over there, and the weather was nice, only the thunders in Miami, they are scarry, but we made almost 2500 Mile, and have a great ride on the blue ridge, maggy valley, and a piece from grandfathers mounthen......:yes1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts